• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by jwilson1985 View Post
    ya i like that thing too,,,,,tx how many loads u getting out of them
    6 so far. The only brass I have lost was from partial head separation but no split necks.
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
      I made this to ease annealing by hand. No need to rotate the case & it speeds up the process a bit. Now I just need to incorporate it into a machine like the new Giraud annealer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]422[/ATTACH]
      Dude! That freaking rocks! You should post some details about it for the rest of us poor souls, if I had one of those I wouldn't need to wait till I cast bullets.

Greg

Comment

• txgunner00
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by GregP42 View Post
        Dude! That freaking rocks! You should post some details about it for the rest of us poor souls, if I had one of those I wouldn't need to wait till I cast bullets.

Greg
        LOL. Thanks.

I picked up a couple of cheap Bernzomatic torches and some brass NPT fittings & nipples from a local mom & pop propane store. I cut the torch heads off at the red line & removed the remaining tube from one of the valves by melting the solder (blue arrow).

I soldered the torch heads into fittings which if I remember correctly were 3/8" female NPT to 1/4" male NPT adapters. I also soldered a short 1/4" NPT nipple into the valve.

Everything else was assembled using 1/4" brass NPT fittings & nipples. The 2 on the top are 5" each & the two on the sides are 2". I had to use 2 nipples and a coupler for the top because they didn't have a long enough piece of pre-threaded pipe.

It took me much longer to figure out what parts I needed than it did to assemble them. I think I have about $35 in it.

I have learned to run the torches low on small brass because it heats them pretty fast. Well worth all the effort though. I get much more consistent results than before using the drill method.
        Last edited by txgunner00; 09-10-2011, 01:44 AM.
        NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Thank you so much for posting that tx, I will be off to the hardware store on my day off

Greg

Comment

Working...
          X