Where are the cheapest bullets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well since this thread is so derailed I'll add my 2 cents.

By the time i get in the car and drive to wherever it is I"m going I'v espent more than shipping would have been. Now if it's someplace I was going anyway or if I can bundle my trip together with another stop it's mitigates that some but time and gas are $$$$.

About the hazmat, make friends. We buy a lot of stuff and it think it's 48# that you can ship on 1 $25 hazmat fee. Do group buys and max it out! I'm fortunate that we in Oregon and Washington have a locak message board where we're really tight and it's no problem finding 3 or 4 guys who can and will buy that much and share the shipping costs. If you don't have a message board like this you should really consider putting one up yourself. Local, like minded guys you can meet and shoot with and help move and pray for and with is a really big joy in my life.

Comment

I really like the speer 120hot core. shot very well out of my gun and only cost 17/100 until I bought every box and my store restocked them at 22.

if anyone sees some deals on 6.5 bullets, please post! I would rather shoot my Grendel than my 223!

Comment

• Clod Stomper

Originally posted by Mutt View Post
        OK, they are 21 dollars and 4.95 handling and insurance. So, how much is shipping. It's still cheaper for me to drive down to my wholesale outfitters and buy whatever they happen to have on the shelf. Shipping is what makes the differnce.
        Oh yeah, shipping was free with a $75 order. I bought 400 which came out to about $76. So they were $19/box plus 4.95 handling. I just wanted to try them. No, I wouldn't pay 21 or 23 or whatever they are now.

Bwaites, where are you finding Amax's for $21? I'd like to try some. They're 28.49 at Midway.

I'm still a fan of the Remington 120 Cor-lokt. They're very inexpensive in bulk from Midway. I hope they don't sell out before I can afford to buy a bunch.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by Clod Stomper View Post

I'm still a fan of the Remington 120 Cor-lokt. They're very inexpensive in bulk from Midway. I hope they don't sell out before I can afford to buy a bunch.

Will
          Have you loaded these? I like them too but haven't seen any data for them.

Comment

Bigsupplyshop.com has 123gr Amax for $21.33 they only have 3 boxes left so you may wanna hurry!

I agree with Snew meet some guys that do bulk orders or wholesale orders! It is the cheapest way with powder and primers. Bullets are best bought online in 5+ at a time.

Comment

I have good luck with rem 120's. they flew well and accurate enough out of my barrel for plinking and hunting.

where are you seeing good bulk pricing? if you buy 2k from midway they are still. 20 each
              Last edited by Guest; 09-16-2011, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X