• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
    I hadn't seen the announcement.

Was there a hint of the reason?
    • Cost of manufuacturing for accuracy?
    • Political sensitivity of heavy metals?
    • Low customer interest?
    • etc.?
    Link

Comment

mseric,

Thanks for the link!

It looks like we're all pretty much in the dark.

The 100 gr TTSX (or a LRX in 95-105 grains) would be a good second choice for good trajectories and good reported performance in game in my opinion. The bullet is light enough (short enough too) to get a decent muzzle velocity, the BC isn't bad, and folks seem to love the TTSX performance in game.

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks for the input. I will try the 100gr TTSX this season. Anyone know what the lengths on the 120 TTX, 120 TTSX and 100 TTSX bullets are? Barnes site does not say.

Comment

I've shot dozens of animals with Tsx and TTsx in africa and domestic, although most with rifles. I've got pictures of the entrance wounds with TTSX from a handgun, with the tip sitting on the hide entry wound, showing that the bullet expanded at impact. I've got animals with handgun and rifle with TTSX and with TSx with one shot kills, in fact all of them have been one shot kills. I've got reports from ranch owners in New Zealand that they don't like the TSX because sometimes it doesn't expand. They weren't familiar with the TSX before I arrived with five shots and five animals that dropped in their tracks with TTSX. If you look at a 6.5 120 gr. TSX and a TTSX, you will notice that the front of the actual bullet in the TTSX is much larger than the TSX, which is kept small to maximize BC. In the TTSX, that isn't an issue, and they can make it as large as they want. In my .375 and larger bullets for my Africa guns, .470, .416, and .510, that doesn't matter, and they have huge open front ends. I should post pictures of the game recovered bullets. A bullet that big doesn't benefit from the tip, although I may disagree with myself on the .416, which can be a good long range bullet.

Anyway, The TTSX, will have a larger hollow point, and the tip will come off instantly upon impact, which I have proven to myself. It will expand reliably in the first inch of tissue, and will continue through the game cutting and blasting with great destructive power and no loss of mass, which to me is otherwise a diminishment of energy. I am loading my TTSX's in either 120 or 100 grain for my handgun annual hunt in Texas with the NAHH's and I expect they will do better than the 110 6.8 SPC II's that I used last year, with great effectiveness.

Comment

Working...
          X