What presses and dies are you using and general equipment recommendations.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IlliniFan
    Unwashed
    • May 2022

Redding T-7 Press, Redding Dies, and several Hornady and Frankford Arsenal items.

IMG_7036.JPGIMG_7033.JPG

Comment

• IlliniFan
      Unwashed
      • May 2022

3918BAAD-DB7E-4D4A-A88A-59CBDBD14C33.jpeg

Recently added a Primal Rights CPS. Works as advertised. Easy to use and accurate, repeatable primer seating depth.

Comment

• vmthtr
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2022

I started on Lee equipment. Pro 1000(junk) and single stage. Now have Rockchucker, Dillon 550 and a Harrel. I shoot Hunter Benchrest also, thats what the Harrel is for. Powder measure is also a Harrel for single loading, for the dillon its dillon. Most of my die sets are Redding, but do have rcbs and hornady. Still using balance scale from Hornady. Looking forward to getting set up in Grendel when I can get an Upper.

Comment

• Bobo06
          Unwashed
          • Jul 2023

650 dillon, 550 dillon, rcbs jr, forster coax

Comment

• Harpoon1
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2017

Dillion 550, Forster Co-Ax, MEC Marksman, Redding T-7 dedicated 223/5.56 press, Lyman All American dedicated pistol press.

Using a myriad of bushing full length sizing dies, with either LE Wilson or SAC tapered bushings. Tapered bushings give me almost zero runout with 1 pull on the press! No more decapping, then resizing, then using a mandrel to set neck tension!
            Last edited by Harpoon1; 08-01-2023, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• GREYBUFF
              Warrior
              • Nov 2018

Just picked up a 1950s vintage Dunbar two station press and a 1960's Hollywood Senior 1st edition. Bothe are built like tanks and made to last several lifetimes. Also have a C&H 444 , aC&H 111, Lyman All American turret (for sale) and a RCBS JR, one owner (for sale). Now its's time to start selling off my newer presses...
              IMG_2023-08-17-142248.pngIMG_2023-08-17-142323.png
              Last edited by GREYBUFF; 08-17-2023, 09:33 PM. Reason: add images
              I thought about selling my weapons back to the government, but after a thorough background check it was determined that the buyer has a long history of violence and is mentally unstable. Therefore could not pass NICS.

Comment

• FBOldCrow
                Bloodstained
                • Aug 2023

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                If MKo could pipe in, he has the best modification list to the RCBS Chargemaster I've ever seen.

He replaced all the electronic components like resistors and capacitors.

Lined the inside with aluminum adhesive tape.

Reprogrammed the dispenser to kick out powder 4x as fast.

Choked the powder funnel so that it wouldn't dump powder all over.
                I just got my 1500 fired up. I like it with the new tip from MK Machining installed, Great with mt reloads in 38/357 for the wife's new Henry next weekend, getting a couple hundred loaded before she hits the range.
                Live life to the fullest.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2020

I hate case prep. I friggin hate trim chamfer and debur specifically. What is a good, fast, easy 3 way cutter setup that is accurate/repeatable and not $700? Not the lee please. I have one, repeatable is questionable at best. Currently use the FA case prep center but not happy with the chamfer consistency and it makes my fingers start to cramp up after 60 or so cases.

I think case neck chamfer is a under-discussed topic considering it's function during gas expansion mimics a valve opening and playing with the angle may result in "something" not sure what yet... either velocity or consistency. I have no way to test so I'm on the hunt for a decent adjustable setup to begin.
                  Last edited by Zeneffect; 09-03-2023, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• pinetreebbs
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post
                    I hate case prep. I friggin hate trim chamfer and debur specifically. What is a good, fast, easy 3 way cutter setup that is accurate/repeatable and not $700? Not the lee please. I have one, repeatable is questionable at best. Currently use the FA case prep center but not happy with the chamfer consistency and it makes my fingers start to cramp up after 60 or so cases.

I think case neck chamfer is a under-discussed topic considering it's function during gas expansion mimics a valve opening and playing with the angle may result in "something" not sure what yet... either velocity or consistency. I have no way to test so I'm on the hunt for a decent adjustable setup to begin.
                    I use a Forster 3-in-1 case mouth cutter and their power case trimmer set up in a drill press. You can find used power trimmers for sale on eBay and there are always used floor model drill presses for sale cheap for a dedicated trimmer. Most bench drill presses do not have a stop that is consistent enough for accurate trimming. You could use the Forster 3-in-1 trimmer in their standard case trimmer setup. You can power the standard trimmer with a drill motor or power screwdriver.

Comment

• FBOldCrow
                      Bloodstained
                      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by IlliniFan View Post
                      Redding T-7 Press, Redding Dies, and several Hornady and Frankford Arsenal items.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18849[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18850[/ATTACH]
                      There are surgical suites not as organized nor as clean! Sweet set up Illinini!
                      Live life to the fullest.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                        Chieftain
                        • May 2020

Got one of these when it was on sale for $300 about 6 months ago and have been putting it through some use.

Man... life changer. Trickling is so much easier now and holding a weight consistency of +- .01gr is way easy.

The scale registers at about 6 balls of powder, or 1 kernel of stick as small as N140

Did my groups shrink and es/sd improve?

Nope. What I did gain was time. It saves me time and I can hold a tighter tolerence while doing it. The scale is faster than any others I have owned, and sensitive enough to where with stick powder I'm looking at weight and knowing how many kernels to add exactly. Way easier than guessing and watching the scale until you hit target.
                        Last edited by Zeneffect; 09-10-2023, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                          Chieftain
                          • May 2020

Originally posted by pinetreebbs View Post
                          I use a Forster 3-in-1 case mouth cutter and their power case trimmer set up in a drill press. You can find used power trimmers for sale on eBay and there are always used floor model drill presses for sale cheap for a dedicated trimmer. Most bench drill presses do not have a stop that is consistent enough for accurate trimming. You could use the Forster 3-in-1 trimmer in their standard case trimmer setup. You can power the standard trimmer with a drill motor or power screwdriver.
                          I did option 2 and just ran through 200 cases faster than I would have gone through 75, and that's with measuring every single one and observing +-.0005 deviation. Small cheap cordless drill, dedicated setup for 6.5 and .223, and a 3rd cutter for whatever else (meant for non-static setup, I have all the pilots already)

Comment

• biodsl
                            Chieftain
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by FBOldCrow View Post
                            There are surgical suites not as organized nor as clean! Sweet set up Illinini!
                            I feel totally inadequate.
                            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• 603Country
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2023

For case trimming, I use the RCBS Trim Pro 2 manual trimmer with the 3 way cutter head (trim, chamfer, debur), but I attach a 18 volt battery drill driver to the trimmer shaft. You have to take the crank handle off. which take 20 seconds. With the drill driver attached, I can do some serious trimming.

Comment

• Steve_evetS
                                Bloodstained
                                • Nov 2023

My buddy says forster is the bees knees when it comes to presses what would you all recomend?

Comment

Working...
                                X