X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joseph5
    Warrior
    • Oct 2012

My question is when will they be available for sale and how much? I get paid on the 29th and again on Feb 3rd.

Comment

• ricsmall
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Alright John, I gotta have a few (couple hundred) for testing!! Like to have had these for the glass shoot few years back. Look very nice. Digging the ali tip

Richard
      Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

Very Cool!
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
          Warrior
          • Oct 2012

: Fry meme :

Take my money!

Comment

• jawbone
            Warrior
            • Jan 2012

absolutely gorgeous bullet.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
              I wonder what the BC is?

Stan, I used an online bullet drag calculator and got a rough BC of 0.410. JASmith is also going to punch some numbers into QuickLoad to see what it gives him.
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• sneaky one
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

G1, or G7.? It should be close , or a tic better than my best calc. on the Gmx 95 grn. That was .390-.395. Glad you included my inner wide area idea between the bands- Lutz style.

I wonder if Bigfoot is still out there, or just Lurking- chime in old pal ! He loves this stuff, as much as we do. AAAAHHHH!

Sneaky likey ! I get first crack at buying some, & some with tips on the side... second experiment. Shhhh.. I'll put tips in later. Then we shall jug or gel test both ideas. Yahoo!
                As a side note)== It is Winters bone here- yawn..... sleep more .com. Spring will reveal more- hang tight gang !

Old man Hornady is gonna fall over when he gets the - Other idea- from a 2-3 of us for the Gmx pill. Don't touch this post Paul...
                Last edited by sneaky one; 01-26-2016, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Dependant upon results- back to the drawing board is easy for BFT, on his computer design program . His laptop is always with him when we have dinner.

Plus we have pencils- rulers, crayons, erasors, phones for pics-etc.

This should be cool, for a many. I chatted with RS for days upon this, and machinery issues that popped up, - and mysteriously were solved in a few hours- on the production of these pills. Time will tell. It's happening !

I think the rookie at the shop , finally realized what the machinery needed,,, and got it fixed! Production is up & running? Yikes.
                  Last edited by sneaky one; 01-26-2016, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• customcutter
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2014

Looking good!!!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                      Administrator
                      • Feb 2011

Trials and tribulations! But I see the light at the end of the tunnel! You guys didn't tell me manufacturing was harder than it looks, and that nothing ever goes to plan! First the wrong grade copper broke tooling, then, in the middle of the production run yesterday, bullet guy's bar feeder broke. Could've been months delay getting new part from Japan, but, fortunately, he knows what he's doing and finagled a solution. Back on track. But took the opportunity to make a fresh approach.

Fiddling with actual production run proves Cory was right in post #12 in this thread: "Why does it need to be exactly 95grs? Personally I'd hate to see a weight requirement deduct from a good shape and length." He was right. Hey, I may learn slowly, but I DO learn!

We've gone through hell trying to bend and tweak the design to match an arbitrary weight number. Finally, I said, "Just machine the bullet as drawn, and let the (copper and aluminum — and brass, but more on that later!) chips fall where they may."

So that approach — machining to the drawing — finally resulted in a total bullet weight of 89.7 grains. But, hey, for the sake of marketing and, oh, just an arbitrary sense of cosmic completeness, we rounded up to the next whole grain by very slightly tweaking the nose cavity, which gives us the 6.5mm 90gr Cerberus: 90 grains of sleek, beautiful, high-velocity, 6.5 Grendel-dedicated smack!
                      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• kmon
                        Chieftain
                        • Feb 2015

Those 5gr will not really be missed. Advice I have heard for years about Barnes bullets is run them fast and lite for caliber. With the small bands for reduced bearing surface and that weight fast should not be a problem to achieve.

Thanks for the updata

Comment

• stanc
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                          ...the 6.5mm 90gr Cerberus: 90 grains of sleek, beautiful, high-velocity, 6.5 Grendel-dedicated smack!
                          I hope you'll forgive me, but I find these developments rather ironic, and just a bit perplexing.

The whole rationale behind the creation of 6.5 Grendel was to use very high-BC projectiles, launched at moderate velocity.

Now we have a complete flip-flop, with mediocre-BC bullets being developed for firing at high velocity.

Most curious.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                            Administrator
                            • Feb 2011

This is not a "flip-flop" or new trend for the 6.5 Grendel concept as a whole, it merely rounds out the available offerings. More bullet options is just neat-o!

(Or we could just go all "Donald Trump" on the issue and say, "Who cares what the 'whole rationale' is? We'll do what seems cool to us!" )

By the way, this is not a "mediocre BC" for its weight. It's about the highest BC one can squeeze out of a copper solid of that caliber and weight. You looked at the photo of it?

So what we really have is both high velocity AND high BC — a very cool combo. For the hunter, it reduces both drop and drift, minimizing aiming errors for quick kills.

Comment

• Drillboss
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2015

Cerberus, hmmm...

Did you consider any other mythological creatures to name this after? I've had mixed feelings about this one ever since their response to Sandy Hook concerning the Freedom Group.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                                Administrator
                                • Feb 2011

Hey, they can't have a monopoly on mythical creature names! They have no right to ruin the good name of the three-headed, snake-tailed, hound of hell!

Next bullet, all-brass, is named "Typhon," another creature in Greek mythology. . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X