• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lynchbill85
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2016

Xbr 8208 123 amax

Just got back from the range. Loaded up 27.6 27.8 28 28.2 28.4 of 8208...from what I've read people have had good results with 28ish gr of 8208 with 123 amax. shooting from a 24 inch heavy lilja barrel the 27.6 shot .496 in grouping from 150 yards. Not that I care that my charge is different from anyone else's but what would cause it? I don't have a chronie so no velocitys. But a very good grouping. Also the 27.8/28/28.2 shot terribly. The 28.4 was about an inch at 150
  • FW Conch
    Warrior
    • Nov 2014

Looks like the 28.4 is finding another node on the high side. You might want to take it up a tenth or more. Those are good groups at 150yds.

Comment

• Joseph5
      Warrior
      • Oct 2012

Every barrel is different. What is the ideal load in my rifle will most likely be different from almost every other rifle. Even consecutively made barrels from the same manufacturer will have different results with the same load.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. There are several factors that will result in an accurate load.

My personal experience is that the shooter is the biggest variable. I'm not seeing many loads that I can't group well, even rapid-fired, and I attribute most of that to learning how to shoot a gas gun.

I really settle the gun into position so my 1st round will not break the position, kinda like settling a mortar base plate but without having to shoot to break in the position.

One friend of mine asked if I have Parkinson's disease after watching me settle in the position, which I thought was an interesting observation that could get the point across more as to what I do.

Once I have the position settled, I go into focused sight picture, breathing control, trigger prep, respiratory pause, I break shot center, follow-through, exhale/trigger prep, I break shot center, follow through, exhale/trigger prep, I break shot center, follow through....

This happens in seconds, not a long pause where I take my time with each shot. I get on a cadence and do the same thing over and over as quickly as possible.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
        X