• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Dogue View Post
    Looks like an AK case, not the mythical steel cases the Grendel is supposed to get to eat.
    It's one of the mock up rounds they made. It's an unprimed Grendel dimension steel case that still has a 7.62x39 headstamp. It was loaded with an American bullet over here.

I wouldn't even stir the pot, but we were joking around, and it isn't like we have anything else to look at right now.LOL

For the record though: I do believe that we will actually see steel case Grendel ammo within the next year. I plan on shooting the H E double hockey sticks out of it!
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

It will be here, some day- just have to wait...when it does arrive, and Variable buys it all up in 3 days, LOL, you'll still have to? -- wait.., then another hoarder will buy up the next 200 pallet load, then ,,,, guess what??? Wait,,,,,,,,, for another 3 months.

I gave up last yr.

If it comes by the millions of rounds, I'll worry then about trying to get a few boxes. I'd also worry why we had so many sent-hmmmm.....

Comment

• hellcat370

So according to the guy i just talked to at Wolf, thier planning on introducing the steel case at shot show next year. Lets see it if really happens.

Comment

• longdayjake

I'm pretty sure they already introduced it at shot show like the past four years.

Comment

• Harvest123

Does this mean I should hold on the Wolf Gold? What do the price differences look like or do we know?

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Harvest123 View Post
              Does this mean I should hold on the Wolf Gold? What do the price differences look like or do we know?
              The promise is that Grendel will be in the same price range as 5.56 and 7.62x39, or $7-9/box.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                The promise is that Grendel will be in the same price range as 5.56 and 7.62x39, or $7-9/box.
                That of course assumes the right guys gets elected today.. flk k

Comment

• Variable
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Yep, and....... "POOF"! I think we may soon be screwed!

Maybe it'll get in here before they notice it (fingers crossed!). Barry will have so many things to destroy on his plate that it might take a little while for them to get around to ammo. Wishful thinking- I know, but at this point that's about all we have left.
                  Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                  We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• He still won't have much help from congress. I hope he will be as weak the next 4 years as he has been in the last two.

Comment

• Please pardon the off topic post (especially one of a political nature) but personally, my concerns are not with congress so much, The anointed one, with his executive orders, just goes around them.. His implementation of the Dream Act by an executive order is just one prime example.. Look for the number of EO's to increase since there is no longer a worry about re-election..

I am not worried so much about any weapons ban, I already have my Grendel <grin>.. I do hope any gun control laws don’t require turning in any banned firearms already in the hands of civilian owners..

But what gives me the most concern is how the re-election will embolden actions in the middle east which could quickly spin out of control.. And of course the impending financial collapse is on my mind as well..

I am so happy I do not live in (or really even close to) any large cities.. It is going to be a mess..

Be careful out there.. The people have shown their stupidity, their gullibility, and willingness to believe the media and look to the govyment programs rather than standing tall on their own.. I guess this country is full of “American’ts”.. Land of the wimps, home of the enslaved..

Flk k

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2011

The big question before me is whether to chance the forlorn hope of 6.5 showing up before ammunition importation is halted (or the Russians shelve the project based on their assumption that it will be) or to take the money I've been saving and pick up a couple of cases of 5.56. The owner of the business where my second job is (the job that gives me spending money and keeps the shortfalls paid up) told me last night that if Hussein won, she'd be closing at the end of the year. He did, and she's gonna.

So, you guys in the know... What does yesterday change regarding whether we'll ever see steel cased 6.5?

Comment

• bwaites
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by TheOTHERmaninblack View Post
                          The big question before me is whether to chance the forlorn hope of 6.5 showing up before ammunition importation is halted (or the Russians shelve the project based on their assumption that it will be) or to take the money I've been saving and pick up a couple of cases of 5.56. The owner of the business where my second job is (the job that gives me spending money and keeps the shortfalls paid up) told me last night that if Hussein won, she'd be closing at the end of the year. He did, and she's gonna.

So, you guys in the know... What does yesterday change regarding whether we'll ever see steel cased 6.5?
                          Too soon to know, but I still have hopes!

Comment

• Personally, if I were going to stock up on ammo, I think it would be 5.56, 7.62x39, 9mm and .40S&W.. And I'd get as much as I could afford.. Perhaps a thousand or two rounds of each. Even if you don't (currently) have something so shoot it in, you can always barter it if times get real tough.

As far as the elusive steel cased Grendel ammo, I might get some. But I am not going to worry about it in case it never does.. I don't ever see a need for more than 400 rounds since I don’t really consider shooting the Grendel as much as say a 22 rf or .223..

Flk k

Comment

• VASCAR2
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

I have been buying 5.56 and 22 LR to build up my supply. I was so bummed from the election I just finished trimming some 6.5 G brass and sorting 5.56 brass from the tumbler. I've got enough bullets, primers and powder to load several hundred 5.56 and 6.5 G. I intend on spending some of those winter days and nights at the loading bench.

At least I don't feel quite as grumpy, amazing how the shooting sports is therapy for me.

Comment

• hellcat370

Since its definitely not going to be on the market for at least 4 more months, I would advise investing in 5.56 and whatever other calibers you have for the time being. Or split it up with some Wolf Gold, just you have some around. I just picked up a shotgun and some ammo for weapons already in my arsenal, including some 6.5.

Comment

Working...
                                X