Wolf Steel Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luckily for me, I smelled this one coming. We've been slowly adding to our reloading supplies for well over a year. Though I think it's getting kicked into high gear soon

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by fkleinbu View Post
      Please pardon the off topic post (especially one of a political nature) but personally, my concerns are not with congress so much, The anointed one, with his executive orders, just goes around them.. His implementation of the Dream Act by an executive order is just one prime example.. Look for the number of EO's to increase since there is no longer a worry about re-election..

I am not worried so much about any weapons ban, I already have my Grendel <grin>.. I do hope any gun control laws don’t require turning in any banned firearms already in the hands of civilian owners..

But what gives me the most concern is how the re-election will embolden actions in the middle east which could quickly spin out of control.. And of course the impending financial collapse is on my mind as well..

I am so happy I do not live in (or really even close to) any large cities.. It is going to be a mess..

Be careful out there.. The people have shown their stupidity, their gullibility, and willingness to believe the media and look to the govyment programs rather than standing tall on their own.. I guess this country is full of “American’ts”.. Land of the wimps, home of the enslaved..

Flk k
      100% agreed on both of your above posts! On Arfcom they are calling them the FSA (Free S*** Army). For here I'll call them the "Free Stuff Army".

My non-duty shooting has come to almost a complete stop, and I'm stockpiling whatever I can. I believe in all of the precious metals: Gold and Silver for hope of a recovery, and brass, copper, and lead to help you survive long enough to need the Gold and Silver later. I just hope it doesn't come to that.

With Barry's pen completely unfettered I'm real nervous about the future of imported ammo...
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• montana
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

The old Chinese curse, may you live in interesting times has come to fruition.

Comment

• Interesting or depressing <LOL>. flk k

Comment

• Bill Alexander

Got 10,000 rounds!

Answers arrived about 30 minutes ago. Slow I know, feel all your pain. Try sitting where I am!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Alexander View Post
              Got 10,000 rounds!

Answers arrived about 30 minutes ago. Slow I know, feel all your pain. Try sitting where I am!
              Well, that ends (some) of the speculation. Thank you for sharing the update. Is the ammo for your testing purposes or for sale? I would greatly appreciate your feedback on the quality & performance of it.

Comment

• Dogue
                Warrior
                • Mar 2011

10,000 for sale wouldn't last 5 minutes once it hits the website (if priced right). Looking forward to hearing how it shoots Bill.
                Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• Y85
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2012

Bill, now that you've got the Wolf steel, do you think you'll be getting the new Hornady Custom 123g SST loaded ammo anytime soon?

Comment

• Pancho Villa

Bill, I like to think I speak for everyone when I say:

Comment

• Variable
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Pancho Villa View Post
                      Bill, I like to think I speak for everyone when I say:

Most definitely!

If you need any early testers: I can post velocities from 10.5", 14.5", and 19.5" barrels, and I can run some full auto to see if the 10.5" gun likes it.

While I don't have the summer sun available to do my cartridge baking, I could replace it with an external heat source to reproduce my "Redneck Nuclear Heat" testing regimen. To insure shooter's summer safety of course!LOL

Lastly I could test it in VZ52 stripper clips to check out it's feasibilty for stripper clip use.

I could try to come up with some other tests too. Purely in the interest of furthering science of course...
                      Last edited by Variable; 11-11-2012, 03:58 AM.
                      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Its good to hear Mr Alaxander got 10,000 rounds from wolf. As memory serves, when Wolf 6.5 Grendel ammo first came out, Mr Alaxander got a lot to test then too. It only about another 18 months before the rest of us were able so buy some.

Comment

• Pancho Villa

Any news bill?

Comment

• Bill Alexander

Yes, the Russians have finalized the projectile design and also the powder.

Powder is to be a derivative of the type sold by Western Powders and is extremely stable, especially in the cold. It is a double base ball type and will be loaded to 3550 bar in line with the existing weapon and ammunition set up. The cases are now set to use a small primer and will use a boxer design rather than the berdan we originally tested. This simplifies compatibility with the less enthusiastic fire control group in the AR while at the same time allows the ammunition to work with the AK without problems related to primer failure.

The projectile closely follows the design of the 7n6 5.45x39.5 in that it is a boat tail design with an internal cavity in the projectile nose. Constraints on the length of the projectile restrained the weight to 100 grains as we transitioned from a lead core to a steel core. This is lighter than we initially proposed but the combination of bullet weight and powder will provide a fast low recoil combination for the carbines. Ogive is 10 diameters and the boat tail is 9 degrees which is optimum, I anticipate the Bc to be around 0.390 but this is an estimate.

A heavy type ball is also being examined for a longer range type weapon.

Comment

• montana
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2011

This is great new's Bill. Keep us updated , it is appreciated.

Comment

• Yeah! Inexpensive reloadable 6.5G rounds!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X