• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dogue
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
    Well guys, it's now 2013. Anyone care to guess when we will be able to get some?

Honestly, I bet a lot will depend on what happens in DC in the next 30-60 days and I'm sure Wolf will put most of its resources towards standard calibers.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• hellcat370

Anyone heard anything from Shot Show about the steel case ammo? When I called a few weeks ago they said they would be introducing it.

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I don't know, but it dang sure needs to get here quick. It could be now or never. I wanted to try out a case before ordering a whole buch of it, but we might only get one chance at it the way crazy things have been going.
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
          Warrior
          • Apr 2011

Here's the thing with 6.5. It ain't a "military" caliber, and might escape the onus of the EBR brand that would catch even the 6.8. Might slip through the cracks, like. It isn't associated with any army, or any military specific weapon. There are bolts chambering it, right?

I know, flimsy hope, but hope nonetheless. Still, I think 6.5 might avoid any but the most sweeping of import bans, and it's likely the manufacturers are taking that into account.

Comment

• Variable
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Yeah, you have a good point. Being a small percentage "hunting" cartridge in a relatively unknown envelope could maybe help a little. I just fear they might drop the ban hammer on all ammo imports.

Comment

• stanc
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

Has there been any serious proposal to ban ammo imports?

Only idea I've seen is requiring a background check to buy ammo.

Comment

• Hmmm. I know a guy who's there right now. I think I'll send him an email!

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Stan, the talk of banning imports, is serious- & is for All and anything weapon related- mostly assualt type -doubtful much will pass tho.

Comment

• CCinClovis
                    Bloodstained
                    • Apr 2011

I'm not sure if this is new news or not, but Wolf has a full page ad for their Grendel Steel Case ammo in the January 2013 Western Shooting Journal magazine. There is also a quarter page write up with picture on the preceding page.
                    I'm going to take this as a good sign!

Comment

• CCinClovis
                      Bloodstained
                      • Apr 2011

I think there will be some flying pigs in our future.

Comment

• Variable
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by CCinClovis View Post
                        I'm not sure if this is new news or not, but Wolf has a full page ad for their Grendel Steel Case ammo in the January 2013 Western Shooting Journal magazine. There is also a quarter page write up with picture on the preceding page.
                        I'm going to take this as a good sign!
                        Pics? Is the writeup any good? Details!?

Comment

• hellcat370

I'm gunna have to run up to Walmart and see if I can find that article! I've been kind of holding back on buying any more ammo in hope the steel case will arrive 1st quarter and I'll stock up on that!

Comment

• Just got word from shot show. I have a buddy who owns a gun shop that went and spoke to Wolf's reps for us. The ammo is in production, but won't be available until 3rd quarter this year.

Disappointing to say the least, but please don't shoot the messenger...

Comment

• hellcat370

I wish Wolf would get together with thier people and let them know what IS really going on. I called them several times of the last week and was told 1st quarter of this year, though not with a specific date, and that the marketing people would know more. if they don't hurry up, I'm gunna have to spend some money on the 120 MPT's again.

Comment

• bwaites
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by bdevr View Post
                                Just got word from shot show. I have a buddy who owns a gun shop that went and spoke to Wolf's reps for us. The ammo is in production, but won't be available until 3rd quarter this year.

Disappointing to say the least, but please don't shoot the messenger...
                                Won't be available for 6 months at least and yet Wolf is advertising it in magazines? That sounds like the booth rep might not actually know what is happening. Think about it.

The ads go in 3 months or so before publication, Wolf would be spending money 9-12 months BEFORE anyone had a chance to buy the ammo, meaning that they would see no return on their investment for as long as 12 months! Does that sound like a good business plan? In fact, running ads that far in advance would only HURT them, since people would be ticked the product wasn't on the shelf!

Something doesn't match up!

Comment

Working...
                                X