Wolf Steel Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to wager which will hit the shelves first? Inexpensive .22LR or steel-cased Grendel?

Comment

• rasp65
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by SHORT-N-SASSY View Post
      I moments ago E-mailed the following Message to Larry Potterfield, MidwayUSA.com:

"Dear Mr. Potterfield,

"Just hours ago, respected Gun Writer, David M. Fortier, aired his initial shooting Report on the highly-anticipated, just-released WOLF Steel Case 6.5mm Grendel production ammunition http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/6...age=1#i6514159

"The BIG question, amongst 6.5mm Grendel Enthusiasts, right now: How soon can we order this economically-priced ammunition from our favorite online ammo supplier?

"Your kind assistance is appreciated. Thank you."
      SnS You forgot to say "You appreciate my business" to Larry

Comment

• Dogue
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by JDub View Post
        Anyone want to wager which will hit the shelves first? Inexpensive .22LR or steel-cased Grendel?
        I don't believe either exist.

I can find pictures of leprechauns and unicorns online too but I'm still skeptical.
        Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
          Warrior
          • Apr 2013

Today, in a brief phone conversation with James, WOLF Performance Ammo, Placentia, CA, I was advised that they have received a small shipment of the WOLF Steel Case 6.5mm Grendel ammo, and expect Distributors, such as MidwayUSA, to begin offering it by the end of July/beginning of August. Re price, he expects to be able to provide me a quote, by the end of this month.

Comment

• It's good news...probably. I'll keep my powder dry for now. So far I dont know how much it costs. I dont know when I can get it. I dont know it its any better then the Wolf thats allready out there. So far as I can tell, only 1 guy out of 350,000,000 Americans has reported on it. Buck fever I get; but the bucks gotta be in at least same time zone as me before my pulse pounds.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
              Warrior
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
              It's good news...probably. I'll keep my powder dry for now. So far I dont know how much it costs. I dont know when I can get it. I dont know it its any better then the Wolf thats allready out there. So far as I can tell, only 1 guy out of 350,000,000 Americans has reported on it. Buck fever I get; but the bucks gotta be in at least same time zone as me before my pulse pounds.
              This Post gets my "Life of the party" vote.

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by SHORT-N-SASSY View Post
                Today, in a brief phone conversation with James, WOLF Performance Ammo, Placentia, CA, I was advised that they have received a small shipment of the WOLF Steel Case 6.5mm Grendel ammo, and expect Distributors, such as MidwayUSA, to begin offering it by the end of July/beginning of August. Re price, he expects to be able to provide me a quote, by the end of this month.
                End of July?!?!?!?!?!?!

WE HATES IT MY PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• I've had to stay quiet about this for a long time now. Bill is pretty meticulous about testing, so there has been a lot of back and forth with the development of this line of ammunition.

It will place demand on the industry to start cranking out CMV, chrome-lined barrels.

There's another development relevant to this that should be well-received. Nobody sees how much effort and time (measured in years) goes into developing these things.

I really want an RPD 6.5 Grendel, since links are already there. I plan to offer a formal machine gun training regimen to my course schedule, and that combination is a heaven-send.

Comment

• stanc
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                    Nobody sees how much effort and time (measured in years) goes into developing these things.
                    Quite true. What we do see are things like Wolf listing the steel-case FMJ ammo on their website in 2008, followed by promises of availability in one quarter, which is then delayed to the next quarter, and then the next, and the next, ad infinitum.
                    I really want an RPD 6.5 Grendel...
                    What, you think you're unique?

I'd love to have one, too.

Comment

• BjornF16
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2011

Is there any issue running this ammo through stainless cut rifled barrels such as Satern?...what about the Lilja's?
                      LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                      Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• IndyGrendel63

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
                        Is there any issue running this ammo through stainless cut rifled barrels such as Satern?...what about the Lilja's?
                        Well whe I bought my Lilja barreled PF upper I had it nitrided just in case this ammo was to ever see the light of day. Mark at PF said it would be OK on one of those barrels with that treatment. Also, when my stock of 7.62 x 39 runs out I have a couple of AKs and an RPK that will need to get new barrels.

Comment

• stanc
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                          Update: Per convo with Dave, there is no steel core present. It has a steel jacket with a lead core, an air pocket, and is 7N6 in profile. So no worries on "AP" declaration. I already emailed you, but posting this here for everybody else.
                          Thanks, Chris. Got your e-mails.
                          I'd love to get some real 7N6 style semi-AP Grendel rounds, but banned bullets that never make it here don't help I guess. I'll just be happy with what I can get.LOL
                          Yeah, it would've been great to have real steel-core bullets. But, at least the price should be just as good.

Comment

• Variable
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
                            I wouldn't recommend it. Ordinarily I'd say "go chrome or go home" on the subject of steel jacketed bullets, but like IndyGrendel posted, nitrided barrels might be okay.

Comment

• Variable
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Nevermind.LOL I originally posted about how there aren't crap for transferable RPD receivers available (and thus why I wouldn't want a semi only RPD over an LMG upper for M16), but in retrospect, as retarded as registered sear prices are these days, I guess it's a moot point.....

Comment

• I was kinda bummed about the Sabre Defense upper I just picked up being CL but now I'm excited!! I'm really hoping for a price point around $6-7 /box

Comment

Working...
                                X