• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by stanc View Post
    LOL - well that is just plain rubbing salt in an open wound!
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
      Warrior
      • Apr 2013

I just E-mailed the following Message to WOLF Performance Ammo:

"Our Sport Shooting World is heating up at the news that the highly-anticipated, low-cost WOLF Performance 6.5mm Grendel Steel Case Ammo has arrived (http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/6...pic_IN_OP.html). The operative word in this great excitement: "low-cost."

"Referring to my notes re my calls to WOLF Performance Ammo, during a January 21, 2013 phone conversation, wherein, I referred to the January, 2013 Western Shooting Journal WOLF Performance Ammo 6.5mm Grendel Steel Case Ammo full-page ad, I was advised that the price would be compatible with WOLF Performance .223/5.56 Steel Case Ammo. Maintain that price point, and WOLF Performance Ammo has a winner in their new offering!"

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
        LOL - well that is just plain rubbing salt in an open wound!
        The real pisser is that this is "The" Grendel board, and we didn't even get an official announcement or anything. I've been kind of underwhelmed lately. I guess some steel case in my grubby booger hooks might assuage my butthurt though.LOL
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Oooh, it sounds like somebody is in dire need of a group hug...
          I guess I at least disprove the squeaky wheel getting greased notion.LOL I've whined from day one and I got nuttin'

Hopefully I'll be happier with the steel case than I was the Shrike though. I behaved real good for that one, but when it finally came the irritation of having waited so long kind of killed the joy of actually getting it. When I look at my Shrike--- instead of the joy I should feel for a belt-fed, I just remember being pissed for so many years of waiting.LOL

Oh well, I guess lack of love will keep me cool-aid free.

Comment

• stanc
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Variable View Post
            The real pisser is that this is "The" Grendel board, and we didn't even get an official announcement or anything.
            I have to agree. One would think we'd have got the news here first, instead of second-hand via arfcom. Oh, well...

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

Unfortunately, with the release of the trademark, there is no special treatment for anyone. Wolf does as it pleases.

I understand Fortier getting some early release ammo, but who is the other guy?

And why is it taking 4 weeks to get it to retailers?

Comment

• stanc
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bwaites
                Unfortunately, with the release of the trademark, there is no special treatment for anyone. Wolf does as it pleases.

I have no idea. Another writer, I presume.

If I hadn't retired from writing for gun rags, I'd ask Wolf for a T&E sample, myself.
                Last edited by stanc; 06-24-2014, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Variable
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

If I hadn't retired from writing for gun rags, I'd ask Wolf for a T&E sample, myself.
                  Call 'em up, and send it to my house. We'll establish a remote Vulcan mind link, and I'll blast it all for you.

Be forewarned, I'll break the link before night time. I ain't sharing the wifey, not even for ammo.LOL

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post

And why is it taking 4 weeks to get it to retailers?
                    And the fact that you even have to ask these questions at this point ticks me off. Somebody owes you guys more respect than that. Good grief. You guys have carried enough water for the Grendel cartridge that you deserve better treatment than that.

Comment

• Dogue
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2011

I have to agree. One would think we'd have got the news here first, instead of second-hand via arfcom. Oh, well...
                      What? We got the news here over 6 years ago (we just didn't know exactly 'when'). We still don't know anything for sure, so as far as I'm concerned it's still "Coming Soon". I personally won't be surprised if we're still asking when we can get our hands on it months from now.
                      Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• bwaites
                        • Mar 2011

I did talk with Wolf this AM and someone is supposed to get back to me later today, after they get out of the meeting that management is in.

It's a little frustrating, but at this point in my Grendel life, I mostly shoot handloads tailored to the rifle I'm shooting. However, I do have a little 16" that would love to feast on this!

Comment

• stanc
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                          Call 'em up, and send it to my house. We'll establish a remote Vulcan mind link, and I'll blast it all for you.

Be forewarned, I'll break the link before night time. I ain't sharing the wifey, not even for ammo.LOL
                          Party pooper.

Comment

• I'm standing by with checkbook in hand if any of you can arrange a group bulk order.

Comment

• Variable
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

They'd probably laugh at me, but I wonder how many cases you have to order to buy direct from Wolf with just an FFL and Business license?

Comment

• Originally posted by stanc View Post

Shhhhhhh, Stan. Maybe they don't know that you have retired.

Comment

Working...
                                X