• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by SHORT-N-SASSY View Post
    I just got off the phone with James, WOLF Performance Ammo. He couldn't provide me with a definitive date when we could purchase the WOLF 6.5mm Grendel Steel Case ammo from Distrubutors.
    "I called Wolf, and was told December for widely available commercial distribution..."

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
      "i called wolf, and was told december for widely available commercial distribution..."
      http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/6...age=3#i6524669
      HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!!

Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• wheelguner
        Warrior
        • Oct 2011

i share your rage!!!!!

Comment

• mtn_shooter

I think I'll start a savings plan for this stuff. So in a year or two when it's available I can buy a shit ton. $50 a month or something. Could get me a few thousand rounds and a barrel or two.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
            Warrior
            • Apr 2013

Dialing in the 0.390 Ballistic Coefficient of the Hornady 6.5mm/.264 100-grain A-MAX for the WOLF 100-grain FMJ-BT (http://www.hornady.com/store/6.5MM-.264-100-GR-A-MAX/) NOTE: Muzzle Velocity from 20-inch barrels, respectively.

ETA: I just found this: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_453/2...age=1#i1882699

And, if WOLF delivered the "2,850 MV" reported in the January, 2013 Western Shooting Journal brief accompanying the WOLF Performance 6.5mm Grendel full-page ad (http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=2148.0), these would be the Ballistic Results:

Comment

• Dogue
              Warrior
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
              "I called Wolf, and was told December for widely available commercial distribution..."
              http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/6...age=3#i6524669
              And it starts all over again...
              Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Comment

• Re: Wolf announcements
                  Has anyone had the chance to see if there is any fine print that says "nana nana boo boo to you" (or its Russian equivalent)?

Also, anyone know the Russian equivalent to "Mwahahahah" (evil laugh)?

Comment

• Bill Alexander

I am going to share some small amount of information. This is begrudgingly but the stupidity of taking a statement with such a wide context and then translating it for maximum drama is annoying.

As with anything else the statement "widely available for commercial distribution" should be examined in the wider view of what commercial distribution describes.

This does not mean that there will be no more steel ammunition until December. The deliveries have commenced and will continue. The volumes are anticipated to fall short of stocking shelves at the levels that Wolf typically sustain in the common calibers. The members of this forum should pander less to sensationalism but should congratulate themselves that the demand will outstrip supply. Grendel did not start as the caliber backed by the industry, rather we were the bastard stepchild no one wanted to see. Not bad, SAAMI approval, CIP approval, Russian Federation Approval, Lapua cases Hornady cases and ammunition, BCP ammunition, Prvi ammunition, new magazines imminent (actually late at the moment) and it does not shoot badly either.

Comment

• cory
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Bill Alexander View Post
                      I am going to share some small amount of information. This is begrudgingly but the stupidity of taking a statement with such a wide context and then translating it for maximum drama is annoying.

As with anything else the statement "widely available for commercial distribution" should be examined in the wider view of what commercial distribution describes.

This does not mean that there will be no more steel ammunition until December. The deliveries have commenced and will continue. The volumes are anticipated to fall short of stocking shelves at the levels that Wolf typically sustain in the common calibers. The members of this forum should pander less to sensationalism but should congratulate themselves that the demand will outstrip supply. Grendel did not start as the caliber backed by the industry, rather we were the bastard stepchild no one wanted to see. Not bad, SAAMI approval, CIP approval, Russian Federation Approval, Lapua cases Hornady cases and ammunition, BCP ammunition, Prvi ammunition, new magazines imminent (actually late at the moment) and it does not shoot badly either.
                      Bill I don't think it's that the horde is pandering to sensationalism but that a lot of people feel like Charlie Brown getting the football pulled away from them by Lucy (Wolf) at the last second every time.

Last edited by cory; 07-01-2014, 05:47 PM.
                      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• bwaites
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Bill Alexander View Post

It would help if Wolf were to make a statement and say that the ammunition is here, will be available at distributors in the next few weeks, and that larger amounts will continue to arrive as time goes on. Members could all live with that. But Wolf will release minimal info when you call. I called, was told the manager that could answer my question was in a meeting, but that if I sent an email to a specific address he would call be back or at least answer my email. Today is 7 days, no call back, no email. That isn't real encouraging.

Comment

• dammitman
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2012

wolf ammo is a joke at best. yes it goes bang and goes that way-------> but its dirty, inaccurate and has no place in any gun i own, i am just not that desperate. i wouldnt shoot it in my grendel even if free. but i will be happy to fire away in anyone elses firearm. heck i love fireworks.

Comment

• It looks like one could indeed use the Wolf ammunition for practice. If one can "kind of" regularly hit a clay pigeon out to 300 - 400 yards with the Wolf, then they should be reasonably confident of putting the 123 gr SST into a deer's boiler room with the same holdovers and windage corrects if both are zeroed the same.

Dialing in the 0.390 Ballistic Coefficient of the Hornady 6.5mm/.264 100-grain A-MAX for the WOLF 100-grain FMJ-BT (http://www.hornady.com/store/6.5MM-.264-100-GR-A-MAX/) NOTE: Muzzle Velocity from 20-inch barrels, respectively.

ETA: I just found this: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_453/2...age=1#i1882699

Comment

• biodsl
                              Chieftain
                              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
                              wolf ammo is a joke at best. yes it goes bang and goes that way-------> but its dirty, inaccurate and has no place in any gun i own, i am just not that desperate. i wouldnt shoot it in my grendel even if free. but i will be happy to fire away in anyone elses firearm. heck i love fireworks.
                              Wolf MPT shot sub-MOA from my Sabre Defense 18" barrel. No joking.
                              Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Variable
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
                                You might entertain the thought that: Just because you haven't thought of a use for something, that doesn't in and of itself make it a "joke". Other folks could probably apply that to things you use as well. A "closed minded old Fudd" with a fancy duck gun might think your AR is a "joke" as well.

Wolf steel cased ammo allows for high volume shooting during carbine classes and a lot of other things. Fit the product to the application, and just because you have a hammer, it doesn't make a staple or a thumbtack necessarily stupid or a "joke"....

Comment

Working...
                                X