• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
    After seeing the lawlessness and law enforcments inability to establish civil order in Frgeson, I'll bet a lot of us are checking AA website four times a day to add to our stock of ammo.
    it sure seems likley that particular groups of people find the same reason to loot, steal and burn down the local neighborhoods. as seen there, this could happen just about anywhere at any time. yea, i changed my mind, i want a few thousand rounds of that low cost throw away case grendel ammo. i am putting together a low cost grendel to run it thru!
    Last edited by dammitman; 08-17-2014, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• stanc
      Banned
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by SHORT-N-SASSY View Post
      To update:

David Fortier delivered on his promise re a gel shot pic, in his August 18, 2014 SHOTGUN NEWS article, STEEL-CASE 6.5MM GRENDEL, at news stands, now.
      Cool. Now, when will that photo get posted online...

Comment

• rasp65
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

I heard the Ukranians artillery hit a Russian ammo truck. I hope it wasn't ours.

Comment

• biodsl
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2011

LOL! You guys are killing me. Seriously, I've been afflicted with the "check the AA website" 3 times a day syndrome. Bill's traffic on the site must be way up!
          Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

So no price or availability yet ?

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by appleseed-kdc View Post
              So no price or availability yet ?
              Price: $7.99 a box according to Bill A.
              Availability: It was supposed to be on a truck headed to AA. It seems that the truck was particularly slow, or perhaps took an exceptionally circuitous route. I'm beginning to fear Brigands.
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• So I have a stainless steel JP barrel and I'm torn between shooting this steel case ammo in it or not. I've heard mixed reports, some say it will wear your barrel much fast due to steel on steel. I've heard others say the steel used in the ammo is much softer and shouldn't wear much extra.

Now I assume this ammo will wear my barrel a little faster, but at $.40 a round and a new JP barrel running around $525 it is still very tempting to run through my gun. The way I see it is that I will save enough on ammo shooting this to cover the cost of a new barrel... that is however if it doesn't wear extremely fast. Any insight on the matter?

Comment

• wwiibuff
                  Unwashed
                  • Oct 2013

I always looked at steel case wolf Grendel rounds like a unicorn, a mythical creature that does not exit. Lets hope I am wrong

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by jrfarmer View Post
                    So I have a stainless steel JP barrel and I'm torn between shooting this steel case ammo in it or not. I've heard mixed reports, some say it will wear your barrel much fast due to steel on steel. I've heard others say the steel used in the ammo is much softer and shouldn't wear much extra.

Now I assume this ammo will wear my barrel a little faster, but at $.40 a round and a new JP barrel running around $525 it is still very tempting to run through my gun. The way I see it is that I will save enough on ammo shooting this to cover the cost of a new barrel... that is however if it doesn't wear extremely fast. Any insight on the matter?
                    Last edited by Variable; 08-18-2014, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Variable View Post
                      You are correct. The steel case itself is irrelevant. The bi-metal (copper pated steel jacket) projectile on the other hand will cause accelerated bore wear. That wear is highly likely to be far more offset by the price difference in ammo.

A barrel is an expendable wear part, and it's actually feasible that some folks will save money in the long run using the Wolf ammo.
                      Thanks for the reply, and yes I meant steel jacketed bullet, not case!

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                        Availability: It was supposed to be on a truck headed to AA. It seems that the truck was particularly slow, or perhaps took an exceptionally circuitous route. I'm beginning to fear Brigands.

So, a month ago, Bil Alexander said on this thread on 07-18-2014 10:35 AM #569

"There are pallets of the stuff that arrived"

So if it arrived in country, why is it taking so long to get to Alexander Arms.

The long running saga continues.
                        Last edited by Guest; 08-19-2014, 04:34 AM.

Comment

• Variable
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by appleseed-kdc View Post

Brigands of course!

Meanwhile Bill A. Was last seen driving a decoy truck full of dirt across the desert, whilst constantly battling other would be raiders and and disgruntled hoard members.LOL

With Bill W. being our "eye in the sky", we'll have to see if he can report anything back.

Last edited by Variable; 08-19-2014, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by appleseed-kdc View Post

I'm hoping that it's not with the indefinite hold of anything coming out of Russia by the ATF due to the exec order cluster that's trying to get sorted out.

Comment

• stanc
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                              Availability: It was supposed to be on a truck headed to AA. It seems that the truck was particularly slow...
                              I heard that the truck developed engine trouble, so the trailer was detached and is being pulled by a 20-mule team at an average speed of 14 miles per day.

Comment

• Dogue
                                Warrior
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by jrfarmer View Post
                                So I have a stainless steel JP barrel and I'm torn between shooting this steel case ammo in it or not. I've heard mixed reports, some say it will wear your barrel much fast due to steel on steel. I've heard others say the steel used in the ammo is much softer and shouldn't wear much extra.

At the rate this has been going you will wear your barrel out before you can even get your hands on Wolf Steel Cased.

I would bet that most mfgs can go from concept, development, testing, manufacturing, then distribution of Match ammo 3x faster than it has taken this "plinking" round to get to where we are now.
                                Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
                                X