Wolf Steel Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smokepole50

Well I did my part to encourage Wolf to make more, one case is on its way 50 miles NW. VA Tax and shipping made it 43.7 cents a round for me. I hope it shoots well in my Saber Defense barrel Bill bought for it years ago. This chrome lined 16" barrel loves 123gr A-Max ammo I hope the FMJ just comes close. 1 MOA would be great.

I wonder how its terminal effects will be? Will it be going fast enough to come apart on impact or just punch holes in things? I guess we will see with time.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-20-2014, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• tackdriver
      Warrior
      • Feb 2013

I have a case headed to Roanoke as well. It will be mostly fun/blasting ammo in the 18" BHW I am piecing together

Comment

• wheelguner
        Warrior
        • Oct 2011

Logged on to my email and found an announcement from Alexander Arms notifying me the Wolf Steel Case was available for order. Mine is in que.

Comment

• Keep The Change
          Warrior
          • Mar 2013

I don't reload but hopefully I will get around to learning the process and reload Grendels.
          How will steel cases perform for reloading?
          I would think they would do fine since they shouldn't get distorted or dinged up as bad as brass.

What about the coating? Will that come off during case cleaning and prep? That is there for corrosion correct?

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
            Warrior
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Keep The Change View Post
            I don't reload but hopefully I will get around to learning the process and reload Grendels.
            How will steel cases perform for reloading?
            You'll have to convert or figure out how to deprime and reprime berdan primer pockets first.

Comment

• BjornF16
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
              And I divided by 20. I guess I shouldn't do arithmetic right after waking up.

Either that, or I shouldn't have given up drinking...
              Your math was correct...your assumption of 20 boxes to a case was wrong (you know what they say about assumptions...;-)
              LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
              Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Keep The Change View Post
                I'm merely thinking of the extractor longevity. Any thoughts on that?
                Not having, myself, shot mass quantities of steel-case 6.5 Grendel (yet!) I only know what Bill A. has told me, and I remember him, hell, five years ago now talking about tweaking the extractor design in anticipation of steel-case. Steel doesn't have as much "spring-back" in the chamber as brass, so it often is harder to pull from the chamber, thus requiring the strongest extractor possible within the constraints of the AR15 design.

So, yes, he's been on it and I'm sure his current extractor reflects state-of-the-art engineering.
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Variable
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

FINALLY!!!

Ordered my case, shipping was $24.27 to WV.

I waited up all morning (I work mids) hoping the Grendel Fairy would make the ammo go live. I finally went to bed and missed it by over 4 hours! Arrgggh! I'm way far back in the line dangit. Hopefully I get some before Fall.LOL
                  Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                  We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2013

To the 'Grendel Fairy':

Comment

• I bought mine.

Comment

• Shipping to the west coast is a bit more but it is still under .50 a round.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Well you guys talked me into it $29.31 shipping to So Illinois. I was afraid if I didn't jump it would be long gone.

Comment

• I did a quick search. Has anyone here been waiting since 2006 for this?

Comment

• Variable
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by BlueWedge View Post
                              I did a quick search. Has anyone here been waiting since 2006 for this?
                              I lost track. Since the beginning, but I can't remember when that was. Like NFA and Shrikes, I just stand in line and go to sleep mostly. I just pop up to gripe every so often when someone reminds me.LOL
                              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                                Administrator
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by BlueWedge View Post
                                I did a quick search. Has anyone here been waiting since 2006 for this?
                                Yes.
                                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                                X