X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

I wonder when a person can order a second case? Whats the wait time between orders?

Comment

• Dogue
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

I wonder how much is available. I know in the past that AA's website doesn't show live inventory so it's possible that a lot of orders may already get shifted to back-order status, or did they fix that now?
      Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Both excellent questions guys. I wonder also.
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Keep The Change
          Warrior
          • Mar 2013

Wolf doesn't even have this stuff on their "Product Line" at their website yet. So it looks like Wolf will run out before they even have their website developer add the product to their website.

This thread started in 2011. That is crazy.

Comment

• Variable
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Yeah, it started in 2011 because that's when this new board went up. The old board had the original thread until it was wiped out by the scum of the earth.

Comment

• wwiibuff
              Unwashed
              • Oct 2013

I did not realize it was bi-metal, I thought is the copper jacket led and just the case was steel

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Yeah, the Russians use a mild steel jacket that is copper plated (commonly referred to as "copper washed"). It causes some more wear (folks argue how much), but it's substantially offset by the lower cost of the ammo. I personally wouldn't be shooting it through a Krieger match barrel, but for normal barrels you can save enough money to actually buy more barrels over time. If you like to plink, it's usually hard to beat.

If I had a nitrided Krieger barrel, then I'd probably shoot it anyway. I'm lazy, short on time, and hate to reload though.LOL

Comment

• Keep The Change
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2013

Good point Variable.
                  I don't plan on shooting this through my 24" cut rifle barrel, which is all I will have in Grendel, whenever I finish getting it together.
                  That means I need to build a quick middy to shoot this stuff.
                  I created another project by buying this ammo. It's a win win.

Comment

• stanc
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
                    Your math was correct...your assumption of 20 boxes to a case was wrong (you know what they say about assumptions...;-)
                    Yeah, I know what can happen when you ass-u-me something.

But, in this case (no pun intended), I didn't assume that a case had 20 boxes. Bill had clearly stated 25 boxes per case. I had read tony549's post, and calculated the total cost with shipping to SoCal at $9.08 per 20-round box. When I then figured the base price, I think I had the "20" from the 20 rds/box stuck in my mind.

I guess it's a good thing I'm already in a nursing home, because it looks like senility may be setting in...

Comment

• tackdriver
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2013

For those needing a budget blasting rig. You can get the BHW 18" mid length gas barrel w/free stripped upper from Surplus Ammo for about $225 shipped. I think if you want to build on the inexpensive side you could have a complete upper for $400-450

Pair that with a case or two of this steel case and it would be fairly inexpensive fun rig

Comment

• cory
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2012

I'm with Variable on as long the match barrel is Nitrided, I'll shoot it through the barrel and not worry about it.
                        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Sputnik
                          Warrior
                          • May 2013

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                          But, in this case (no pun intended), I didn't assume that a case had 20 boxes. Bill had clearly stated 25 boxes per case. I had read tony549's post, and calculated the total cost with shipping to SoCal at $9.08 per 20-round box. When I then figured the base price, I think I had the "20" from the 20 rds/box stuck in my mind.
                          Also when considering the case "discount" it helps too. 25 boxes at 7.99 ea. = 199.75. So with a full case being 180.00, it "offsets the shipping a bit.

Comment

• tackdriver
                            Warrior
                            • Feb 2013

Has anyone actually got confirmation on shipping or did we all just get suckered into a pre order situation?

Comment

• CCinClovis
                              Bloodstained
                              • Apr 2011

I got off the phone with a gal from AA about an hour ago. She stated that they will start shipping tomorrow!

Comment

• Keep The Change
                                Warrior
                                • Mar 2013

Has everybody gotten an email from AA today discussing their policies on backordering, charging cards, and don't call to check on order status?

I got an email yesterday concerning my order and then I got one today on the above topics.

I kept waiting for the email to say that demand was high for the ammo and that I'm on a backorder list. But it never did. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                                X