• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jluck
    Warrior
    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Trock03 View Post
    KTC,

Checked my account after reading your post and I'm showing a debit then a credit as well. I didn't double up on an order but appear to be in the same boat as you.

I've never ordered anything from AA before but I'm wondering if that's a sign of being back ordered?

TC
    Originally posted by Variable View Post
    They probably just pinged your account. Basically they "preauthorize" your account with a temporary charge to make sure it's kosher. That bounces back, and then later they actually charge it right before they ship it.

ETA: Yep just checked mine. It's only a "temporary" charge. You can ignore it. Their billing system was just verifying your info. They'll charge you the day it goes out most likely.
    I wouldn't worry about it, AA does the weirdest stuff I have ever seen a business do. From taking the orders to filling and shipping them it gets weirder down the line. Heck they might ship you one item and charge you shipping for the entire order only to wait forever for the remaining.

I have roughly 100.00 in to a hoodie that was shipped alone and have never have seen the rest of the order I already paid the shipping on.That has been years and that hoodie is worn out....

Comment

• wheelguner
      Warrior
      • Oct 2011

Are you only asking the members that are hoarse from yelling or the entire Horde?

Sorry, the urge to be a smart ass over rides my manners!

Comment

• tackdriver
        Warrior
        • Feb 2013

I have no worries about the payment or shipping. I just wondered if they actually started shipping as one member was told was going to start today.

You must be a saint, I would be mad as hell about the sweatshirt/partial order/full payment ordeal!

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
          Warrior
          • Apr 2011

I wonder if I should cancel that order for 5 boxes of Wolf Gold from January '13 and change it to 6.5 steel?

Comment

• jluck
            Warrior
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by tackdriver View Post
            I have no worries about the payment or shipping. I just wondered if they actually started shipping as one member was told was going to start today.

You must be a saint, I would be mad as hell about the sweatshirt/partial order/full payment ordeal!
            Naaa. I got over it. I have paid more for learning experiences. I contacted them to no avail or even a answered phone or returned call. I voiced my concern here a while back and was basically told I should feel honored to wait on there products and shouldn't expect communication.

I do like the hoodie and it's a constant reminder of a life lesson.
            Last edited by jluck; 08-23-2014, 01:08 PM. Reason: damn auto correct

Comment

• dammitman
              Warrior
              • Dec 2012

I am gonna this ammo to fix my liberty barrel. I havent got around to sending it to PF for repair. I will break it in with this stuff!

Comment

• dmsims21
                Warrior
                • Nov 2012

How bad is this stuff on barrels?
                Does it just wear barrels out faster, or does it ruin a nice barrel?
                I got some to shoot in my Lilja. I don't plan on shooting it exclusively, just when I don't want to fool with picking up brass.
                www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device

Comment

• VASCAR2
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

I've got a chrome moly 16" 6.5 Grendel J&T Distributing upper on a Double Star lower. I think the barrel is a Shaw but it shoots really good. I ordered a case of the Wolf Steel case ammo and I plan on shooting it in the J&T barrel. I have no intention of shooting the Wolf in my 20" Shilen barrel.

From what I've read the copper washed steel jacket ammo will accelerate wear compared to gilded metal jackets. Knowing how high temperatures accelerate wear I don't anticipate doing mag dumps with the steel case Wolf. I figure for the price difference on this ammo I can afford to shoot some steel cased ammo. Hopefully if I keep my barrel clean it will not destroy the accuracy potential. I primarily bought the wolf to test and to have on hand if I'm going to be shooting where I can't recover my brass cases.

Comment

• Smokepole50

Without ever shooting this Wolf 6.5 ammo, but having a great deal of experience with military surplus rifles and ammo, I would rate it as not IDEAL for your custom Lilja barrel.

The european nations have been shooting cuppero-nickle jacketed bullets for a loooog time which is harder than just plain copper jacketed bullets. As well, the Finnish and the Russians have been shooting copper washed mild steel jacketed bullets for a looooog time. Many Finnish M39 rifles shoot very well after thousands of rounds of copper washed 7.62x54r ammo down range.

I have a chrome lined barrel in my Grendel so I don't expect any noticable decline in accuracy any time soon. However, if I had a high $$$ custom Kriegger of Satern single point cut rifled barrel I would not want to shoot a lot of this ammo. I think it might take a normal chrome-moly barrel that is shooting 0.5 MOA and turn it into a 1 MOA rifle within a thousand rounds or so. It depends a lot on how thick the copper plating is because, as I understand it, the copper wash in this case acts as the luberication of the soft steel jacket. The biggest area of barrel errosion would probably be the chamber throat.

Another consideration is that the Swedish military shot cuppero-nickel jacketed ammo in all their weapons, even the sniper rifles. I don't think cuppero-nickel alloy is as hard on a barrel as copper washed mild steel but we might be too concerned about a small thing. In the grand picture of accuracy your shooting technique might matter more than the small ammount of additional wear a copper washed bullet could cause.

Another consideration for this ammo is its cost. It would be very good ammo to have stashed back for other then paper targets. If a time like that ever comes, we will not be so concerned with a small ammount of additional barrel wear. We will just be very happy we have loaded ammo to shoot that works as intended and probably works very well.
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-23-2014, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Keep The Change
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2013

Thanks for info Smoke. Ive had the same thought but had no experience with it. Ill end up building a middy for plinking with this ammo

Comment

• cory
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2012

If you haven't shot the Lilja, yet. I'd just have it nitrided and wouldn't worry about it. Especially if the barrel is fluted.
                        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• dmsims21
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2012

Both of my Lilja barrels have been shot. They are fluted. I will just take it easy with the steel stuff.

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2011

I'm kind of curious as to why we're still wondering whether/if/how badly this ammo will accelerate wear. The Russians have been developing this in conjunction with Bill A for how many years? How many shot out barrels should there be in that equation? SOMEBODY knows, and it might be nice for... oh... say, Bill Alexander to drop by and let us in on the answer. It makes no sense for us to have to duplicate on our own dime what must surely have been part of the development process.

Or am I way off base here?

Comment

• cory
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by TheOTHERmaninblack View Post
                              I'm kind of curious as to why we're still wondering whether/if/how badly this ammo will accelerate wear. The Russians have been developing this in conjunction with Bill A for how many years? How many shot out barrels should there be in that equation? SOMEBODY knows, and it might be nice for... oh... say, Bill Alexander to drop by and let us in on the answer. It makes no sense for us to have to duplicate on our own dime what must surely have been part of the development process.

Or am I way off base here?
                              Bill A has chimed in on it in this thread somewhere, I believe.
                              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• dmsims21
                                Warrior
                                • Nov 2012

If the barrel wear from 1 steel round equals 1.5 copper rounds, I am OK with it.
                                If a box of steel ammo will instantly. kill accuracy, then I have a problem.
                                It would be nice to hear what Bill A has to say. I don't want to read this whole thread again though.

Comment

Working...
                                X