X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

The "interesting" headstamp is Barnaul's logo, a bullet formed by the stylized Russian "cyrillic" letters equivalent to English B-P-Z. You can see it on their website.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• stanc
      Banned
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Variable View Post
      Yeah, I'm wodering about that too. Is it "SN3"?????
      I'm guessing it's stylized Cyrillic letters of the abbreviation of "Barnaul Cartridge Plant" -- Барнаул патрон завод (Barnaul Patron Zavod).

Бпз (BPZ)

Ha! John beat me to it, while I was busy forming a more elaborate response.
      Last edited by stanc; 08-27-2014, 03:58 AM.

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Thanks guys. BPZ. I'll have to remember that.
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• RangerRick

Hey all, we owe a big thanks to Bill Alexander for making this happen (not to mention for bringing us the Grendel itself).

It took the tenacity of a rabid pit bull with lockjaw to get this done.

THANKS Bill!

RR

Comment

• Buck2732
            Warrior
            • Feb 2012

Now if it could only make it to my side of the pond....
            Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
              Warrior
              • Oct 2012

It started out in YOUR hemisphere brother!

Comment

• IndyGrendel63

Well Rats, I missed the boat again. Just tried to order me some steel cased grendel unicorn ammo and it is all gone! I guess I have to wait for the next shipment if there ever is...

Comment

• Buck2732
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2012

It certainly did. It did however not stop here. Knowing the way the authorities work in these parts, it probably never will.
                  Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Buck2732 View Post
                    It certainly did. It did however not stop here. Knowing the way the authorities work in these parts, it probably never will.
                    Alas. Condolences.

Comment

• cory
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2012

Question, has this 21+ signature delivery crap, been a pain in the butt for anyone else. I would have been perfectly happy with them leaving it on my front door step.
                      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Drifter
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

If you set up a free account with UPS, using the same email address that is used with your internet orders, you can often submit a virtual signature online and designate exactly where you want the package left once you have the tracking number.

AA seems to ship everything signature required. But I used the procedure above to get my E-Lander mags delivered. Not sure if it will work with ammo.
                        Drifter

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by IndyGrendel63 View Post
                          Just tried to order me some steel cased grendel unicorn ammo and it is all gone! I guess I have to wait for the next shipment if there ever is...
                          Yes, there will be more. But how do you know it's gone? I just checked AA's website and didn't see a notice?
                          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Keep The Change
                            Warrior
                            • Mar 2013

Mine is scheduled for Friday delivery. My wife will likely sign for it since I probably won't be home yet. She will undoubtedly ask what is in the 50lb box.

Her response, "Ammo! You don't shoot enough to have all this ammo".

A couple weeks ago I slipped some 9mm and 5.56 ammo in the buggy while at Cabelas. At checkout, she questioned why it was so high.

Her response, "Ammo! You don't shoot enough to have all this ammo".

Comment

• Smokepole50

I missed the big brown truck today but I should be 500rds better off by 11AM tomorrow.

Why do you need so much ammo...........because, when the dollar is worth a dime my ammo will be worth 10X as much. I'll take that loaf of bread, here's 5 7.62x54r rounds. Ammo is a commodity that has a long shelf life, it will always be worth something. I wish I could say the same for the US dollar.

Comment

• wheelguner
                                Warrior
                                • Oct 2011

Yes! Virginia there is Wolf Steel Case

The Brown Truck paid a welcome visit.
                                I put on my best geek hat and grabbed my meassuring tools. The attached chart shows the results of my labors.
                                They drop in my Wisson Guage nicely. The chamfer on the back edge of the rim is a bit less that the Hornady
                                FYI 20 rounds of Hornady 123 AMAX weighs 12.31oz and the same number of Wolf Steel is 10.36oz.
                                Then I fired up my table top studio for a few pics.
                                Hopefully I'll get to the range next week.

edit.....I just finished re-reading stanc's comprehensive collection and reposting of Bill A's running comentary on the Wolf Steel Case. I thought I had remembered reading tha it was to use small rifle primers in the boxer configuration. Glad that my memory was right but as you can see in the pics it uses large primers and according to the box they are berdan primed.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by wheelguner; 08-28-2014, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X