NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

I don't believe there's a rule against posting links? But someone correct me if I'm wrong. . . .

BTW, thanks for the link!
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Grrr! I wanna buy more, but I had the "privilege" of buying a new water heater today instead. What a mess. Yay! Grrrr......
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

That's the lowest price I've seen yet. Nice.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Drift
            Warrior
            • Nov 2014

Vbl, At least you don't need a new roof again .This month the IRS decided that my daughters college tuition counted as family income so I have the privilege of paying Big Brother instead of toys for me.

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Drift View Post
              Vbl, At least you don't need a new roof again .This month the IRS decided that my daughters college tuition counted as family income so I have the privilege of paying Big Brother instead of toys for me.
              The roof looks pretty, but it doesn't shoot worth crap, and it sure never killed a pig from a helicopter!
              I hear you brother!!! One step forward and two steps back. The .gov seems to be pushing for three steps back.

I'm hoping the Wolf comes in stock and stays that way everywhere. Seeing AIM's price really helps. Maybe we can even get some on sale later this summer.

If PPU ever gets spun up and bombards us with Wolf Gold 120 MPT (and hopefully also under their own label as well), maybe we can catch a good breather to stock up on.
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• stanc
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

$7.25 a box, in quantity? Great price for FMJ ammo. Sadly, it comes 20 years too late for me to take advantage of it to do the kind of test regimen I'd like to have undertaken...

Comment

• RangerRick
                  Bloodstained
                  • Sep 2014

Finally got my order of steel case after ordering from A A last August. I guess shipments are getting through again.

Adding "steel case ammo came in" to my list of excuses to go to the range.

#1 on the list is "sun came up".

RR

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                    Administrator
                    • Feb 2011

Same here! Kid and I went blasting and the grins got bigger as the brass, er, steel piled up.
                    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• mxmaniac2004
                      Unwashed
                      • Nov 2014

Has anyone shot this stuff at a little distance to get a feel for the ballistics? Also had as anyone tried it out on hogs?

Comment

• LRRPF52
                        Super Moderator
                        • Sep 2014

Yes and yes. It's minute of man out to about 400yds.

Someone posted photos of what it did to a hog with a partial gut shot even, and it went down right away. Seems to yaw like 7n6 5.45.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Kikn
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by mxmaniac2004 View Post
                          Has anyone shot this stuff at a little distance to get a feel for the ballistics? Also had as anyone tried it out on hogs?

I've shot 2 hogs with it. Caught 2 trying to sleep by the feeder. They got woke up abruptly by the sound of gun fire at a close range 15 - 20 yards if I recall. First one ran a short distance before taking another round that put him down, the other turned to watch his buddy die then he took some lead of his own.

I don't remember if I have shot any past 100 yards or not.

Comment

• 1075 tech
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2015

I found this thread on a search but don't really have all night to read all 98 pages of it. Very interesting reading the stuff from the early days of the Grendel in this and other archived threads.

Anyway, I was considering getting some of this (if I can find it locally) for general plinking when I get my 16" hunter built. Anyone run a lot of this? Any issues with it?

Comment

• cory
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2012

No issues that I've seen. Other than needing to open up my gas block by one click.

It's an extremely light load. I'd be shocked if pressures ever exceeds 42ksi.
                              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X