Wolf Steel Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • appleseed-kdc

I hope Alexander Arms put's a limit on how many rounds can be bought.

Maybe 100 rounds.

Give us ALL a chance to sample the ammo until more quantities come along.

FWIW

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I completely disagree, but we are all entitled to our differing opinions of course.

I wouldn't even buy it at a 100 round limit.

To me (JMO) the whole point of steel case ammo is to save money. Only buying 5 boxes is a sure way to get scalped hard on the shipping. AA's shipping is already pretty high sometimes, and I want the best break on the UPS that I can get. I'll be ordering cases for myself and six other folks at work whenever I can.

FWIW-- I don't expect some rogue buyer is going to come forward and try to corner the market on day one anyway. Other retailers are going to get the same ammo, and Bill A. already said it'd be higher priced initially. What scalper wants to go full retail now, and then see AIM, Wideners, J&G, Palmetto, and/or someone else step in and sell it cheaper than the scalper paid? That'd be a terrible business model.
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

Yeh...I was thinking about the shipping as well.

100 is pretty low.

I guess I'll be waiting till Christmas as I reckon it will all go before I see it.

Does Bill know how many 'pallets' have arrived ?

And how many rounds per pallet.

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by appleseed-kdc View Post
          Yeh...I was thinking about the shipping as well.

100 is pretty low.

I guess I'll be waiting till Christmas as I reckon it will all go before I see it.

Does Bill know how many 'pallets' have arrived ?

And how many rounds per pallet.
          So far as I know, he hasn't said. I'm betting they'll be in 500 round cases (normal Wolf quantity for 7.62x39), and may have a tiny price break for case quantity (I hope! ). Order at least one case and split it up with friends. That'll save you some scratch. "Look honey, I'm saving money!". That's what I say anyway.

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Captains log, star date 1047.4

The stress and pressure are beginning to show among the crew. They have begun to argue over shares of something that no man has seen before...

I am concerned about their ability to think rationally under these conditions...
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
              Captains log, star date 1047.4

The stress and pressure are beginning to show among the crew. They have begun to argue over shares of something that no man has seen before...

I am concerned about their ability to think rationally under these conditions...
              If only they were Tribbles....

The problem would be solved!!!

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

LOL !!!

To BOTH the above posts.

Pity ammo isn't sold in supermarkets.

We would have had it within 7-days of it hitting the dock.

Gun manufacturers and suppliers seem to work like the Government.

Slow and laborious and 'in our own time'.

Comment

• I like that idea of a 100 round limit...for the first batch anyway. That way, more people get to try it and report back on many different uses. If only 4 or 5 people buy the first batch all up for blasting away at 25 yards, how will I know how it works in my bolt action rifle at 300? How well will it work on pigs and coyotes? It will be nice to know that 500 rounds down your barrel did not jam but will it be accurate in both my encore rifle and pistol? The Horde has grown strong, but all of us who hunger for this new round should get a taste, and none should gorge while others go hungry.

Comment

• cory
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                    I completely disagree, but we are all entitled to our differing opinions of course.

I wouldn't even buy it at a 100 round limit.

To me (JMO) the whole point of steel case ammo is to save money. Only buying 5 boxes is a sure way to get scalped hard on the shipping. AA's shipping is already pretty high sometimes, and I want the best break on the UPS that I can get. I'll be ordering cases for myself and six other folks at work whenever I can.

FWIW-- I don't expect some rogue buyer is going to come forward and try to corner the market on day one anyway. Other retailers are going to get the same ammo, and Bill A. already said it'd be higher priced initially. What scalper wants to go full retail now, and then see AIM, Wideners, J&G, Palmetto, and/or someone else step in and sell it cheaper than the scalper paid? That'd be a terrible business model.
                    +1

This 100 round limit is ridiculous.
                    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• tackdriver
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2013

Maybe it would be nice if Bill A. gave all the hoarse members first crack at this stuff since the wait has been long and we are probably the biggest concentration of "gotta have more" customers. I would think if you could sell an obscene amount in a record quick time it would prove to a manufacturer that full speed ahead could be very profitable!

Comment

• bwaites
                        • Mar 2011

Might want to look here:

A-W100FMJCAS - 6.5 Grendel Wolf 100g FMJ steel case ammo (case)
                        6.5 Grendel Wolf 100g FMJ steel case ammunition gives very affordable marksmanship training. This ammunition features non-corrosive steel cases; a lead core, bi-metal jacketed projectile; and is Berdan primed. Case of 500. Orders will be limited to 25 boxes (1 case). No exceptions will be made. Orders identified as duplicates will be cancelled.

Price: $ 180.00

Comment

• Drifter
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Drifter

Comment

• Kikn
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2011

Got my order in !!

Comment

• Ordered 500 rounds, but shipping is expensive at $47 to SoCal. Ouch.

Comment

• bwaites
                                • Mar 2011

I thought the same on the shipping, but I pulled shipping on several other dealers with a similar weight package and they were all about the same. Heavy ammo sucks! They need to FEDEX in flat rate boxes!

Comment

Working...
                                X