Wolf vs. Hornady Brass comparison (with pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RangerRick

Yeah, you have a chamber problem. Usually you only see longitudinal marks for each land in the barrel, not a complete ring.

I'd send it back to the maker (don't remember if you bought a complete rifle or just a barrel). It might even be a headspace poblem.

RR

Comment

• burnsome
      Warrior
      • Jun 2011

looks like it is hitting the lands and my grendel has the same exact issue QuadCam. M1S upper/bolt, and when using 123 factory AMAX, the bullets hit the lands upon chambering. they shoot great, but if i try to unload a chambered round it leaves the bullet in the barrel and extracts the case (along with all the powder all over the place). Wolf 120MPT's dont do that in my gun either and they shoot fine. also, the brass seems to have a fair amount of ejector marks on the base. i suspect the throat is a tad too short but not sure. thought about getting a finishing reamer and lenghtening the throat a bit, but first will try to chamber an AMAX round SLOWLY and see if the bullet sticks in the lands first. am thinking that possibly, the force of chambering the round normally might be pushing the bullet forward out of the case, but i doubt it. like RangerRick said above, could be a headspace problem as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerRick View Post
        I'd send it back to the maker (don't remember if you bought a complete rifle or just a barrel). RR
        It's an AA TActical 16. I believe Sabre Defense was the barrel maker of the AAntactical series barrels.

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by QuadCam View Post
          It's an AA TActical 16. I believe Sabre Defense was the barrel maker of the AA tactical series barrels.
          AA will make it right. Give them a call and tell them about it. Something is out of whack and needs to be fixed. Factory rounds shouldn't do that.

RR

Comment

Working...
          X