does the Redding "type s" mic. SEATING die clear the Co-Ax handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Profit Joseph Sith
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

does the Redding "type s" mic. SEATING die clear the Co-Ax handle?

So straight away this WILL be used with a Co-Ax press JIC you missed that in the title.

Does anyone have this combo they are using? Or have tried to use unsuccessfully? Could you please advise if it's short enough to fit under the handle. Don't want to waste time or money..

From what I see it looks like a REALLY long die. I'm seriously considering the Redding type s set either the 2 or 3 die set.
    Kinda also considering the mic. Adjustable bushing die also. Might be nice to dial in bushing depth as well as tension. Would prefer a set for ease of purchasing.

Might just mix and match as well if there's a big enough improvement in singular dies Such as the Redding mic bushing die. Redding body die and Forster mic. Seatr die.

So what say you all? TIA.
    Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 09-05-2017, 01:00 AM.
  • hlesley
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2017

Mine clears the handle about an inch.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
      Warrior
      • Nov 2016

Awesome thanks hlesley. And hey! Welcome to the hoards board! I feel honored first post eh?

Been researching all day practically. I think I might get the expensive 3 die set. It's worth the extra cash for the extra control. I might get one of those Howa's at some point... They make a nice rifle. But I got a semi 6.5 Creed on the menu first.

It's nice to know all options are on the table though. That Forster seater die looks awesome. I like the fat dial for more precision as well.

so here's another question does anyone crimp their semi auto ammo? If so taper or "factory crimp"? I do plan on getting some of the higher cap magazines for lightweight pistols so higher than average recoil.

Comment

• Sticks
        Chieftain
        • Dec 2016

I followed Klem's advice and with the type S FL sizing die and a .287 bushing, neck tension only is more than enough.

Made up a dummy round and could not get any change in seating depth chambering or briskly tapping the case head on my table. I might step up to a .288 and see if it still holds.
        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
          Warrior
          • Nov 2016

Awesome sticks great info Thanks. I think I asked in another thread what size bushing I need why didn't I check back here first

Comment

Working...
          X