X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyrep
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2017

The first loads were primed with CCI BR4. After that i went to the CCI #41.

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I'll pass this along- thank you.

Comment

• DDRanch
        Warrior
        • Jul 2017

Well I just got some once fired Federal brass in a bulk deal, so glad i found this thread. I plan on using this with 120gr Sierra Match Kings over AR-Comp or Tac. I do have a Giraud Anealer so will be curious how many loadings I will get. May even do a side by test with some Hornady brass. Will keep you guys posted.
        Also thanks for all the info on here!

Comment

• LR1955
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by DDRanch View Post
          Well I just got some once fired Federal brass in a bulk deal, so glad i found this thread. I plan on using this with 120gr Sierra Match Kings over AR-Comp or Tac. I do have a Giraud Anealer so will be curious how many loadings I will get. May even do a side by test with some Hornady brass. Will keep you guys posted.
          Also thanks for all the info on here!
          DD:

It wasn't that the Federal brass was too hard and needed to be annealed. It was way too soft and the primer pockets became loose within one or at most two shots (with the .308).

Guys here say they get three or four shots with the Grendel Federal Brass so might as well load it at least once. That ought to loosen up the primer pockets enough to make you question loading it another time.

LR55

Comment

• DDRanch
            Warrior
            • Jul 2017

LR55
            If I can get 3 - 4 shots I will be ahead as I scored this for around 20 cents apiece. Will be using this for Varmint shooting so probably loose a good portion of it any how.
            Thanks, DD

Comment

• KRWGrendel
              Unwashed
              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
              SR:

Consider yourself fortunate. You got two more firings out of Federal brass than I would have predicted. The old Federal GM .308 match was shoot and leave on the range. Notorious for soft brass and loose primer pockets with one reload.

LR55
              I have shot 1000’s FGMM 308 brass with 43.3gr Varget with 175 SMK bullets. That chrono’s at 2700fps. I always got 4-5 reloadings with the last firing w Wolf primers. Custom bbl with “Bisley” cut chamber could have helped.

Comment

• LR1955
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by KRWGrendel View Post
                I have shot 1000’s FGMM 308 brass with 43.3gr Varget with 175 SMK bullets. That chrono’s at 2700fps. I always got 4-5 reloadings with the last firing w Wolf primers. Custom bbl with “Bisley” cut chamber could have helped.
                KRW:

Could have. I shot mine through a M-14 which never helps any brand of brass last long. Never tried it through a bolt rifle.

We finally stopped trying to reload it.

LR55

Comment

Working...
                X