X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cornbread
    Warrior
    • Dec 2015

Try some 8208 xbr. Most accurate powder I've found in mine.

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

Lrrpf52, my priority is a 1moa lead free round for hunting. That's my goal. Gonna but some 8208 and ar comp this week

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Cornbread View Post
        With an AR you need to hold pressure on the front either by loading a bipod or by holding the handgaurd firmly. I find during load development that loading 1 round in 1/3 gr increments from the lower end to max can often save time and components. You will find that when you hit the accuracy node the rounds will group together.

This can save a lot of time and components. In this picture you can see rounds 5-7 over 1 grains variance grouped around 3/4". By narrowing in on this node you can find a very accurate load. I will typically find a bullet I want to shoot and do 1 shot ladders with several powders.
        This hit me right between the eyes this morning. I learned something here I've been reading book after book to find, and the picture finally made it all make sense. I needed the picture, and now I need to load some ladder 120SMKs...
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Cornbread
          Warrior
          • Dec 2015

This test will work at 100 yds for the agerage moa or slightly better rifle. If your rifle is super accurate you may need to back up to 200-300 yds. I have run some tests in another caliber with benchmark and it was one ragged moa size hole. This is sort of an adaptation of the ladders that the long range guys will do. Except they are shooting match rifles and 300/600 yd ladders looking for the horizontal grouping of the node. I started doing this during the great component shortage aftrer seeing posts on another board. It works surprisingly well. You can also do a coal ladder after finding the right charge weight. I find that there can be advantages to this over the traditional methods beause you are finding a wide node that will produce a very consistent poi even with temperature changes. How many times have you seen a load were 1/2-1/3 grain changed groups dramatically. If the load is worked up in warm weather I stay at the top of the node since in the fall it will be cooler. In some powders temps can make a big difference.

Comment

• Bigs28
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2016

I went to Everglades Ammunition to buy some 8208 and ar comp. They didnt have any 8208 so I went back to the range with some AR comp loaded up. It shot much better then the CFE. I had 3 groups in the 1.1-1.2 inch range and one group at 0.956". That load was 26.7 grains.

The top left group I pulled a shot high. I knew it when I pulled the trigger before I even looked at the shot.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X