• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
    Put your pants back on!

Seriously, thanks for the post. I have some AG that I haven't tested in my 22" BHW barrel. You've motivated me to do that tomorrow.
    Test the AG or drop trou at the range?
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• biodsl
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2011

View the photo and you'll understand why trips to the range are such bitter-sweet experience for me.

American Gunner shot from a 22" BHW barrel.
      200 yards (207 actual) shot prone, bipod and rear bag.
      1.7" group. Average velocity 2490 @78 degrees. SD of 6 and ES of 17.

AmericanGunner_BHW.jpg
      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Sticks
        Chieftain
        • Dec 2016

You are only supposed to do one Stonehendge per group.
        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• bj139
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
          View the photo and you'll understand why trips to the range are such bitter-sweet experience for me.

American Gunner shot from a 22" BHW barrel.
          200 yards (207 actual) shot prone, bipod and rear bag.
          1.7" group. Average velocity 2490 @78 degrees. SD of 6 and ES of 17.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12266[/ATTACH]
          Just zoom the camera in and BINGO... you have a 0.2 MOA, 3 shot group.

I've seen your frustration.
          You have a barrel-scope combination which mostly plants them right where the crosshairs are, then for no known reason flings a few far and wide.
          There ain't no way the crosshairs were off that far when the shot fired.

Comment

• StoneHendge
            Chieftain
            • May 2016

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
            You are only supposed to do one Stonehendge per group.
            The second is what's known as a Counter StoneHendge. The result of attempting to compensate for the StoneHendge and generally pushing/pulling the shot an equidistance from center in the opposite direction. In this case, he perfectly executed the vertical.
            Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• CaptnC
              Warrior
              • May 2018

This thread makes me ask myself...why bother reloading either of my Grendel's?

I'm getting very acceptable accuracy out of both of my barrels...this stuff should do just fine...looks like MOA of dead deer out to 200yds would be easy!

Comment

• imaguy3
                Warrior
                • Mar 2018

Originally posted by CaptnC View Post
                This thread makes me ask myself...why bother reloading either of my Grendel's?

I'm getting very acceptable accuracy out of both of my barrels...this stuff should do just fine...looks like MOA of dead deer out to 200yds would be easy!
                I wouldn't use this bullet for hunting anything bigger than coyote. Luckily for me the 123gr SST hits to the same POI for me.. so I can cheap practice with gunner and hunt with SST.

Comment

• imaguy3
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2018

That being said... I love this ammo... I tried out a triclawps the other day, using the gun exactly as seen in this photo American Gunner shot sweet for me.

Comment

• AzDak
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jul 2018

Picked up a can last week with my action coming in, but I have nothing but good things to say about AG line from Hornady.

I live about 20 minutes from Cowtown and have spent a lot of days shooting both Berger Hybrid custom loads and AG out to 1000 yards and it's very very good ammo. I keep a couple of creedmoore's zero'd with this stuff and two zero'd with my hand loads. Cheaper than buying brass and a very accurate load. This is consistently sub-moa, usually .6 or .7 MOA for 5 shot groups.

I'll do the same thing with the AG Grendel ammo. I just wish it was back on sale for $109.

Comment

• Mopardoctor
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2015

Picked up a can of AG 6.5 Grendel at the local SW for $139 + tax. Only Grendel in the store. Display had lots of 6.5 Creedmore and 5.56/223 and only 2 cans of Grendel

Comment

• bj139
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2017

I was wondering if the price of once fired Grendel brass will drop with AG availablity and good results.

Comment

• imaguy3
                          Warrior
                          • Mar 2018

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                          I was wondering if the price of once fired Grendel brass will drop with AG availablity and good results.
                          what is it now b/c I've been saving mine to sell ;-)

Comment

• bj139
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by imaguy3 View Post
                            what is it now b/c I've been saving mine to sell ;-)
                            I paid $0.41/case last fall for 120 cases. I don't know what it is now.

Comment

• Sticks
                              Chieftain
                              • Dec 2016

The demand for brass has dropped, so the answer would be yes.

Last year when HAG went on sale for $109 a box, people could sell their brass for what they paid for the ammo per unit....High demand.
                              Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Randy99CL
                                Warrior
                                • Oct 2017

New Hornady brass is 46c each at Midsouth. Starline is a penny more.

For most of us it is still better to buy AG for 70c each. Most of the good 6.5mm bullets are around a quarter each.

Something I've wondered about...isn't it true that the most accurate loads are from brass that has been fire-formed in your chamber? So if you buy new or used brass the first load won't be the best, the second will.
                                If true, we are better off buying AG to fireform than new or used empty brass.

I've also thought of trying some pull-downs (is that the right term?) and replacing the AG bullet and powder for a new load. Or evening out the powder charges in a number of cases for better consistency and accuracy.
                                Last edited by Randy99CL; 07-24-2018, 11:10 AM.
                                "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

Working...
                                X