• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Harpoon1 View Post
    Who said it wasn’t on Sportsman’s website or in stock at their stores?
    I just picked up 2K more in the last couple of weeks from Sportsman’s Warehouse and am getting back in the reloading game, so not the end of the world just yet. Just hate lose one more option, and a big one, doesn’t bode well for its popularity.
    Shows "in stock" at Sportsman's, has been piled high and deep there for over a year now. They tell me they've been selling it like crack.
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 12-22-2018, 04:13 PM.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

A5Blaster asked if Sportsman's had discontinued the offering. LRRPF52 was responding to that query.
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        Shows "in stock" at Sportsman's, has been piled high and deep there for over a year now. They tell me they've been selling it like crack.
        I wish someone would get the word out to the buyers at Cabela's. The idiots on the floor over there say the lack of product on the shelves means no interest.
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Harpoon1
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
          A5Blaster asked if Sportsman's had discontinued the offering. LRRPF52 was responding to that query.
          Thanks, that makes more sense.

I can’t keep track of who’s on first! I start the thread and people start answering everybody else!
          Last edited by Harpoon1; 12-22-2018, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Sticks
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
            I wish someone would get the word out to the buyers at Cabela's. The idiots on the floor over there say the lack of product on the shelves means no interest.
            I had that talk with them about some other items. The stores do not order product. They receive product only. Some person driving a desk at the home office sends them what he/she thinks they need. You can not even special order items. Order online and ship to store is doable, until you hit Hazmat. Then it has to be shipped to your address.
            Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• NugginFutz
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Harpoon1 View Post
              Thanks, that makes more sense.

I can’t keep track of who’s on first! I start the thread and people start answering everybody else!
              No problem. While you hardly "started" this thread, (VASCAR did that months ago), much of the back and forth created by your post was a repetition of previous postings within this and other threads. There was some reference to that in the latest responses.

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
              I had that talk with them about some other items. The stores do not order product. They receive product only. Some person driving a desk at the home office sends them what he/she thinks they need. You can not even special order items. Order online and ship to store is doable, until you hit Hazmat. Then it has to be shipped to your address.
              Had the same talk with the shooting department manager(s) at the local store. They opened the store a little over a year ago with the ammo shelves stacked deep and wide for all the popular calibers, 6.x included. Now? Mostly gaps, here and there, with plenty of 308, 223 and some stuff that always seems to get used as bookends for the other calibers. The kid on the floor said they had no 6.5 G because it wasn't selling, (contradictory, if you ask me.) and that's why it wasn't being stocked. Spoke with the manager on that occasion, and explained to him that it was marketing like this that previously drove me away from Sportsman's, but now that they had pallets of AG in various popular calibers, I would be taking my ammunition business back there. The guy told me how since being bought by Bass Proshops, their ordering system had completely changed and there was nothing he could do. My parting comment was to tell him that they were losing customers, and word of mouth goes a long way in this state.

ETA: Come to think of it, I recall having this same discussion with Sticks, a while back.
              Last edited by NugginFutz; 12-23-2018, 02:43 PM. Reason: deja vue

Comment

• Sticks
                Chieftain
                • Dec 2016

Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

These days with internet sales a retailer needs to be on his game to garner sales to anyone who comes into the store. I have a Friend who owns a small gun shop and if it isn’t on his shelf he can’t sell it. Granted he can’t afford to stock one of everything but the key is to find what sells and keep it in stock. My Friend thinks he can order whatever people want but most don’t because they figure they can buy online cheaper and get it delivered to their home. Firearms sales have to go through a Dealer but he is doing way more transfers for people ordering online. He’s loosing his markup on every internet firearms sale.

With sales tax I understand the price will probably be higher but if it is stock no waiting or worrying about a shipped package being stolen.

Comment

• Harpoon1
                    Chieftain
                    • Dec 2017

Nuggin Futz

No problem. While you hardly "started" this thread, (VASCAR did that months ago), much of the back and forth created by your post was a repetition of previous postings within this and other threads. There was some reference to that in the latest responses.
                    Well actually, when I posted that, it was still “my thread”, before someone merged it into this older one.

Anyway, it’s all good.

Comment

• Wanderson
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2018

Cabela’s is only 10 minutes from me while Sportsman’s Warehouse is in another town 40 minutes away. So while I’d like to be able to buy it locally I’m good with either making the drive or ordering online.

If Sportsman’s Warehouse has more business sense than Cabela’s or other big box stores to stock it, I’ll gladly give them my money. Seems easy to stock a certain caliber online and see what zip code it ships to, then stock those local stores.

Comment

• Kilco
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2016

Only one Cabelas here in maine, no sportsman warehouse or Bass pro, and the customer service is so horrid and atrocious I wouldn't piss on that building to put out a fire.

Comment

• Drillboss
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
                          Only one Cabelas here in maine, no sportsman warehouse or Bass pro, and the customer service is so horrid and atrocious I wouldn't piss on that building to put out a fire.
                          I have to argue. I've seen Cabela's customer service to be second to none. I bought a pair of (high dollar) sunglasses from them that I just didn't like. Took them back to the store about a year or more later and they gave me a full refund because the glasses were just blurry. I've never had a bad experience returning items to Cabela's. Hated to see that Bass Pro bought them out.

Comment

• biodsl
                            Chieftain
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
                            ...the customer service is so horrid and atrocious I wouldn't piss on that building to put out a fire.
                            Funny. Many years ago I had such a bad experience at a motorcycle dealership I told the service manager I'd pour a gallon of gas on the bike and put a match to it before I ever had the bike serviced there again.
                            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Billinthedesert
                              Bloodstained
                              • Dec 2018

Well, I brought home a box of American Gunner Grendel from the Sportsman's in Las Cruces yesterday. So I'll be golden once I can get my AR built. They also had the Hornady dies and shellholders in stock.

Comment

• Akh223
                                Unwashed
                                • Dec 2018

Just a heads up. Got a shipment of this stuff, and the ammo looks great.

Unfortunately they have really cheapped out on the ammo can. Last year they were using what I believe was a private branded mtm ammo can. Now they are using a very flimsy plastic box for the “can”.

Comment

Working...
                                X