• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harpoon1
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Akh223 View Post
    Just a heads up. Got a shipment of this stuff, and the ammo looks great.

Unfortunately they have really cheapped out on the ammo can. Last year they were using what I believe was a private branded mtm ammo can. Now they are using a very flimsy plastic box for the “can”.
    I agree, the “new” cans blow!

Comment

• louielouie
      Bloodstained
      • Jul 2018

Originally posted by paulw View Post
      I just picked up 2 boxes from SW in Everett, WA - $120 each with tax - there were 4 left on the floor in front of the firearms counter....didn't ask about in back.
      They had one package of new Hornady Grendel brass - 50 pieces for $39.99.... So, the sale priced American Gunner is $.20 a round cheaper than empty cases
      I went to the same store yesterday and while the shelves were empty of Grendel ammo, I asked and received the "last box" that was in the back so make sure you ask if you don't see. The salesman was anxious to get any feedback so they could order more.
      BTW, the listed velocity on the box is 2590 fps which must've been from a 24" barrel since that would be WAY over CIP in anything shorter.

Comment

• imaguy3
        Warrior
        • Mar 2018

Originally posted by louielouie View Post
        I went to the same store yesterday and while the shelves were empty of Grendel ammo, I asked and received the "last box" that was in the back so make sure you ask if you don't see. The salesman was anxious to get any feedback so they could order more.
        BTW, the listed velocity on the box is 2590 fps which must've been from a 24" barrel since that would be WAY over CIP in anything shorter.
        I'm getting 2400 out of a 16" tube.

Comment

• louielouie
          Bloodstained
          • Jul 2018

Out of a 18" BCA upper I was averaging 2380 fps today and roughly 1.2 MOA - makes me feel better about my handloads but then so many others are getting "more" than I have been.

Comment

• jaybee1669
            Bloodstained
            • Mar 2018

i wish it would hit $120 on the website. I have yet to see it on sale.

Comment

• NugginFutz
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

Two Thanksgivings, ago, it was on sale for Black Friday @ $109.99, both online and in the stores. Online was free shipping. How do you beat that??!!

I was hoping for a reprisal, this past Thanksgiving, but no soap. Still, not a bad price for quality ammunition.
              If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Sticks
                Chieftain
                • Dec 2016

Gateway drug...
                Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• NOLAGT
                  Bloodstained
                  • Nov 2017

Comment

• sycotik
                    Unwashed
                    • Jan 2019

I am about to build my 12.5 inch G and plan on using this ammo, but has anyone used their 300blk yet? Curious on the performance of that as well. Thanks.

Comment

• Bruizer
                      Unwashed
                      • Mar 2017

I've run it through my 12.5 BA barrel, seems a bit hot in that barrel. AV was 2328 with a magnetospeed.

Comment

• glockky
                        Unwashed
                        • Dec 2018

I’m only getting 2326fps out of my ballistic advantage 18” barrel.
                        Shoots good though. 1” dot 100yds

Comment

• FRB6.5
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2018

Originally posted by NOLAGT View Post
                          Anyone try this out of a 12” barrel? Just got my PSA SS upper to dip my toe into the 6.5 game.
                          2234 fps average out of my 12" Stainless PSA pistol upper via LabRadar

Comment

• jaybee1669
                            Bloodstained
                            • Mar 2018

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                            Two Thanksgivings, ago, it was on sale for Black Friday @ $109.99, both online and in the stores. Online was free shipping. How do you beat that??!!

I was hoping for a reprisal, this past Thanksgiving, but no soap. Still, not a bad price for quality ammunition.
                            I'd be in for 600rnds at that price.

Comment

• NOLAGT
                              Bloodstained
                              • Nov 2017

Originally posted by FRB6.5 View Post
                              2234 fps average out of my 12" Stainless PSA pistol upper via LabRadar
                              Awesome thanks! I just got my pistol lower and 12" upper from PSA...my first go at the 6.5g. May pick up some of this to try out and see how it flies. I am going to take it out in a cpl weeks to do some deer pig hunting so im trying to get it setup and running.

Comment

• towerofpower93
                                Bloodstained
                                • Feb 2016

Originally posted by jaybee1669 View Post
                                I'd be in for 600rnds at that price.
                                Ditto.

Comment

Working...
                                X