• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by 204 AR View Post
    Well I doubt they have to worry about selling too much at that price. I think Midsouth has Black for $18 a box.
    Most of my shooting is done with reloads but I've bought 3 of these in Grendel and Creedmoor. Sadly, I won't be buying anymore.
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Bevo
      Warrior
      • Feb 2018

Last edited by Bevo; 01-27-2019, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Randy99CL
        Warrior
        • Oct 2017

I'm stunned that they jumped the price by $50. What idiot thought that was a good idea?? Sales were probably pretty good at the old price but will drop to zero now.

On Ammoseek I see a couple of places have Black for around $150/200 (plus shipping). I've never fired any but hasn't the Black proven to be more accurate than the AG?
        "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• Sticks
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2016

Yes, Black is better accuracy wise. .501 BC vs .48? on the AG (actual BC is in the first couple off pages of this thread)
          Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Londerko
            Warrior
            • Apr 2018

Comment

• Cowdog
              Warrior
              • Feb 2018

Originally posted by 204 AR View Post
              Well I doubt they have to worry about selling too much at that price. I think Midsouth has Black for $18 a box.
              They do but it is backordered. 200 rounds shipped from them to my zip code is 189.44 but is backordered.
              Carolina Munitions has 200 for 149.78 plus 38.13 shipping to my zip code but I cannot tell if it is stock or not.
              I will continue to just pick up a box for $20 every week when I am at the feed store. They have started stocking it since they are getting regular sales on it now (Me!)

Comment

• jaybee1669
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2018

Yeah, i can't ever see buying this stuff again when i can get Hornady Blacks for $170.11/case shipped w/my TSUSA Prime account.

Comment

• TNhuntsman
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2018

Hornady Black $185 for 200 rds shipped with promo code VCP right now at Brownells or $182 from Grabagun.
                  Last edited by TNhuntsman; 01-27-2019, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Cowdog
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by TNhuntsman View Post
                    Hornady Black $185 for 200 rds shipped with promo code VCP right now at Brownells or $182 from Grabagun.
                    $16.89 at Grabagun. I will have to check and see if I can pick it up at their store front. Just 5 minutes out of my way driving to work. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• Djgrendel
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2016

What a kick in the seeds!! The gunner ammo was a great option at the old price. Not so much anymore. Such is life.
                      Yard work is not an excuse!

Comment

• Goochylogic
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2016

That sucks. It shoots very well with my grendel and did a decent job on a doe this year. A buddy of mine shoots the 308 version. Absolutely devistating on deer from 50-300 yrds. No tracking needed with his 308 or my grendel.

Comment

• djw
                          Unwashed
                          • Apr 2018

The price of procrastination is apparently $50 plus shipping.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                            Super Moderator
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Randy99CL View Post
                            I'm stunned that they jumped the price by $50. What idiot thought that was a good idea?? Sales were probably pretty good at the old price but will drop to zero now.

On Ammoseek I see a couple of places have Black for around $150/200 (plus shipping). I've never fired any but hasn't the Black proven to be more accurate than the AG?
                            When you see price increases on a popular product, it's often because demand is so high and they want to be able to keep ammo in stock between the production runs.

It's either that or component/materials cost increases.

I've been finding great deals on Hornady Black, so no worries.
                            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• hill37
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2017

It worries me in that, it discourages potential new Grendel buyers. I've seen several post saying lack of reasonable priced ammo kept them from buying a Grendels.

Comment

• djw
                                Unwashed
                                • Apr 2018

Originally posted by jaybee1669 View Post
                                Yeah, i can't ever see buying this stuff again when i can get Hornady Blacks for $170.11/case shipped w/my TSUSA Prime account.
                                I just noticed that TSUSA lists the AG in both 6.5 Grendel and Creedmoor at $159.95 (not 'prime' price; what would that be, do you think?). The Grendel is not in stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X