X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

Speed seems right, accuracy...bummer. Appears your BA barrel does not like it.
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• mdewitt71
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by monty View Post
      I shot some of this at the range yesterday. This is from a 16" BA Hanson barrel. 5 shot groups at 100 yards. Best group was 1.08"

Temp-54 degrees
      Avg fps-2346
      SD-13
      ES-43
      It's an AR correct?
      1.09" group out of an AR (no matter the barrel) is not bad.... sure, it could be better but, I would not call it bad at all.
      We are talking mass produced bulk ammo- not match grade.
      ― George Orwell

Comment

• monty
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2017

Yes, it's an AR. I shot 2 groups of the Gunner that day. The other group was about 1.5".

It shoots almost as well as Hornady Black or SST at 20-30 cpr cheaper. Wolf steel is about 2-2.5 moa for me.

Comment

• wideglidejoe
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2014

We don't have a SW in Oklahoma, but I've been watching the SW website for a while. I signed up for an e-mail notification when it was in stock, haven't received an e-mail yet, but I check the website every couple of weeks anyway. Bingo! Just now checked the website, it shows it in stock. I ordered 2 boxes on line, it let me proceed all the way thru checkout and gave me a order number, so hopefully the order will be processed!?!?

Any of the 6.5 Gr Hornady around here runs $22-$23 a box, black or red, plus local & state tax, I'm up to ~$1.20-$1.25 per round. To get 400 rds at $0.70 per round, plus free shipping and no tax, I'm pumped! I'll eventually reload, once I accumulate enough brass, I've already purchased dies, etc., but this is great!

Comment

• terrywick4
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

It is in stock now, I ordered a can yesterday.

Originally posted by wideglidejoe View Post
            We don't have a SW in Oklahoma, but I've been watching the SW website for a while. I signed up for an e-mail notification when it was in stock, haven't received an e-mail yet, but I check the website every couple of weeks anyway. Bingo! Just now checked the website, it shows it in stock. I ordered 2 boxes on line, it let me proceed all the way thru checkout and gave me a order number, so hopefully the order will be processed!?!?

Any of the 6.5 Gr Hornady around here runs $22-$23 a box, black or red, plus local & state tax, I'm up to ~$1.20-$1.25 per round. To get 400 rds at $0.70 per round, plus free shipping and no tax, I'm pumped! I'll eventually reload, once I accumulate enough brass, I've already purchased dies, etc., but this is great!

Comment

• mdewitt71
              Warrior
              • Dec 2016

Yea for some reason I do not get the email notifications either... even checked my spam.
              I order 2 cans of the American Gunner every time I see it in stock.
              You can actually fit 400 rounds in each plastic can, then I put my Hornady Black in the other cans that I empty.
              ― George Orwell

Comment

• monty
                Bloodstained
                • Nov 2017

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
                You can actually fit 400 rounds in each plastic can, then I put my Hornady Black in the other cans that I empty.
                Just be aware that the plastic cans don't latch very well. I had to pick up ~300 rounds off my driveway the other day.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2013

Just be aware that the plastic cans don't latch very well. I had to pick up ~300 rounds off my driveway the other day.
                  Yeah, maybe that’s why they double zip tie them closed.
                  If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• mdewitt71
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2016

I been toting mine to the range and back and even up/ down flight of stairs.... so far they been holding good even with 400 in em.

I mentioned in another thread the cans seemed tougher than the cheap Cabelas versions due to this; I had the Cabelas open up on me in the store and spill the 10 boxes of ammo out...
                    Told the Clerk I didn't want em if they were that cheap.
                    ― George Orwell

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                      Administrator
                      • Feb 2011

Nuggin'!
                      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Troutguide
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2017

They canceled my order. Ugh. Back on the list I guess and try to act faster.
                        "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                          Chieftain
                          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                          Nuggin'!
                          Good to see, ain’t it?
                          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• dpete
                            Warrior
                            • May 2016

Originally posted by Troutguide View Post
                            They canceled my order. Ugh. Back on the list I guess and try to act faster.
                            They cancel orders if the stock on hand is "not in a pickable" location. It seems to happen over or near weekends when stock comes in and gets received but not put into official inventory(or something like that). Keep hitting the website when it shows as in stock and check your order status on their website. Do not rely on their email notifications. All this happened to me too with my first order a few weeks ago. My order was cancelled and I reordered almost immediately the following Monday. My second order went smoothly.

Comment

• Crracer712
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2018

I got an email notification and checked website, it showed in stock. I wasn't sure about the ammo so held off till end of day. It was still in stock so I ordered some to try.

Got to end of checkout and it voided it, saying not in stock. Emptied cart and checked website, yep, oos. Checked about an hour later, showed in stock again, so I ordered. This time I completed checkout and got confirmation email, got my tracking number a bit later.

Stuff must go out the door fast!

Comment

• NugginFutz
                                Chieftain
                                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                                Nuggin'!
                                If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

Working...
                                X