• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dttheliman
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2016

I used WFT's until I found Trim-Its https://www.blackwidowshooters.com/

Last edited by dttheliman; 12-29-2017, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Lightning8
      Warrior
      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Lightning8 View Post
      I stand corrected - I checked my Worlds Cheapest Trimmer collection and I have 223, 308, 3006, and 6.5 Creedmoor - I do not have a 6.5 Grendel. How, I sent an email to the machine shop that makes these yesterday to see about 280 AI and they can make a trimmer for any caliber if you send a size case to them as a model. I chuck the WCT in a rechargeable drill and "trim" the cases - I hold the drill in one hand and the case to be trimmer in the other over a cardboard box to catch the shavings.

I think you can use some of the WCT for multiple cases - for example, 308 can be used for 308, 260 and 243? I use the 308 for 260.
      I checked back with WCT and the WCT for the 6.5 Creedmoor also works with the 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

• Onfew195
        Unwashed
        • Dec 2017

thanks a lot for all the suggestions, i found it really helpful. also thank you dttheliman for your link. btw, may i ask some questions i case i would have some more? thanks

Comment

• dttheliman
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Onfew195 View Post
          thanks a lot for all the suggestions, i found it really helpful. also thank you dttheliman for your link. btw, may i ask some questions i case i would have some more? thanks
          Sure anytime

Comment

• Crusty
            Warrior
            • Dec 2017

For the amount of loading that I do (100rd/week) my Hornady Cam Lock Trimmer fitted with an RCBS Trim Pro Three Way head is all I'll ever need and plenty precise. Once my brass is initially trimmed I don't often need to trim many cases.
            I'll be yer Huckleberry.

Comment

• hikfromstik
              Warrior
              • Oct 2016

LE Wilson . Period .

Comment

• diddlyv
                Warrior
                • Aug 2016

Started with the Lyman Micrometer trimmer years ago never felt a need to change. Trims very accurately and after about 15 years of reloading got a new cutter blade. I use the lyman vld chamfer tool for years used the straight lyman that came with my Mag T expert set but newer bullets want the VLD chamfer.
                Queen of Battle
                Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• Ian01
                  Unwashed
                  • Jun 2017

Originally posted by hikfromstik View Post
                  LE Wilson . Period .
                  Make Your Reloading Bench Great Again with innovative products from Black Widow Shooters Supply.

Comment

• Twicepop
                    Unwashed
                    • Jan 2018

Years back (about 25) I got a Lyman power trimmer, and have done between 25-30K cases on it. It will hold 0.000" tolerance of trimming brass if I pay attention to what I'm doing. If or when it dies, I'll replace it with another one just like it. Depending on how much material to be removed and how sharp the cutter is you could do between 60 and 100 cases per hour. The necks still need to be chamfered inside and out.

Comment

• 19E60
                      Unwashed
                      • Nov 2017

Another vote for the Wilson. I've used/tried several different trimmers/methods and will never go back.

Comment

Working...
                      X