X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HuntTXhogs
    Warrior
    • Jan 2014

Good to hear, can only hope they perform well on game too...

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Bumping this thread back up since I water tested this 120 grain BTHP bullet from PPU. Here is a link to my test.

120 grain HPBT water test. One of the forum members bought some PPU 120 grain HPBT bullets from Graf’s which prompted me to water test this bullet. I had previously chronographed this bullet out of my 16” J&T Distibuting carbine gas upper with a Magnetospeed chronograph. I obtained an average velocity 2392 with Factory

Comparing the water test results with the PPU 120 grain bullet and the Sierra 120 grain Pro Hunter I think this bullet would be effective on hogs. The bullet seemed to stay together through the first two jugs of water then as the bullet yaws it starts to fragment. One fragment went at least 23” of water.

I know gel test are preferable but I figure water test is better than no test.
      Last edited by VASCAR2; 02-25-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• K280
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2014

This bullet is one of the most accurate bullets out of my Grendel. The BC isn't as good as the 123 Hornadys, but I have had great accuracy with it out of two different Grendel barrels with H335 and CFE. I loaded 10 of them in my 260 with 45 grains of H4350 and shot a 2.5" five shot group at 600 yards after zeroing it at 100 with the first 5. A guy that goes by coldboremiracle on snipers hide loads them for his son's shorty 260 bolt gun and he has dropped elk and mule deer with it at extended ranges.

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
          Warrior
          • Jan 2014

What COAL are y’all loading to?

I find this bullet engages the lands on my barrel at 2.292”

UPDATE:

I loaded 20 of these at 2.855" and they didn't group at all to what I expected, see other thread for photos and data.

I'd sure like to know what COAL y'all are using in Grendel to make these work.
          Last edited by HuntTXhogs; 03-04-2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• A1Vixen
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2017

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

I thought I remembered reading the BC for the PPU 120 grain MPT/HP BT bullet. Using the google custom search feature I found the thread back in 2015. I cut and pasted the response.

Back in April I e-mailed Prvi asking for the BC of the 120 gr. bullet used in the Wolf Gold MPT load. I had given up on getting a reply, but lo and behold Prvi's tech branch replied to my e-mail this morning.

Prvi says the BC for the 120 gr. MPT bullet is .416 (G1).

I still have some Wolf Gold 120 grain MPT ammo and if I were going to load them I’d probably seat them to the same length as the factory ammo. I think they are seated close to where the COAL length is close to the 123 grain A-Max, around 2.245 IIRC.

You might find this thread interesting if you plan on hunting with this bullet.

120 grain HPBT water test. One of the forum members bought some PPU 120 grain HPBT bullets from Graf’s which prompted me to water test this bullet. I had previously chronographed this bullet out of my 16” J&T Distibuting carbine gas upper with a Magnetospeed chronograph. I obtained an average velocity 2392 with Factory

Here is a link to the google custom search feature on this forum.

Last edited by VASCAR2; 07-29-2018, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• A1Vixen
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2017

Thx for the informations.

Comment

Working...
                X