• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CavityBackBullets
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Mad Charlie View Post
    As for myself, I am just getting ready to start working on loads for them. Once I find the most accurate loads with the highest velocity, those will be hunting loads.
    Any and all load data will be appreciated...
    Send me a PM, we will get you going....

Comment

• CavityBackBullets
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by s3silver View Post
      I agree with this comment. $40 for 100 or $40 for 50 and most folks will probably opt for the $40/ 100. Don't get me wrong, I've played around with the 118 MKZ and they have shot great to 200 yards with less than moa accuracy, but the price point has me looking at other options also.
      Our bullets are already priced below retail.
      The margin is already very small.
      There is more machining required than any other bullet but the results are proven.
      Our bullets are premium match grade high expansion bullets that extend the usable range of the 6.5 Grendel. To a whopping 450 yards with 99% weight retention!!
      It cost more to build bullets that dont come apart, its easier and cheaper to build bullets that do just break into pieces like some of the others mentioned.
      Our bullets are designed to promote massive blood loss, have deep penetration, leave a massive blood trail if needed due to poor shot placement or animal movement.
      If the shooter does their job there will be no need for a blood trail as the animal will be DRT.

It kills me when folks spend so much money on the rifle of their dreams and choice. So much money to hunt and all the associated gear.
      Then do not buy the absolute best bullet available.
      Many of you know I started in the variant caliber world on the 6.8 platform. That is where I developed the CBB design.
      I worked hard to bring it to the Grendel so that the Grendel community could get the advantage of it as well.
      Truth be told the 6.8 120 MKZ is good to about 425 yards, the Grendel 118 MKZ is good to 450 yards. In both calibers it is effective farther out than any other bullet.
      When you have that long shot that your not quite sure of and you are shooting our bullets you can take it with confidence.
      Inside those ranges you can have the confidence you are using the best bullet available in the 6.5 Grendel.
      That's got to be worth something, like a few cents more a bullet.

A quote from RickOshay
      "This bullet opened up below 1800 fps, likely to be down in the high 1600s/low 1700s. I do not have any load data for this LFP, but assume one can achieve 2400 fps from a 20” barrel, similar to the 120s listed below. The high BC and low minimum velocity give this MKZ an effective range of 450 yds!"
      Many are now getting in the 2600 fps range from a 20in barrel. My personal ARcomp load from an 18in ARP Melonited barrel (they are a fast barrel) is 2550 FPS, my max load CFE load is at 2650. Do the math on those. (no load data to share sorry, the atty says no public data). My point is you can hit 2500 from a 20in easy enough.

The link to his report. Which was at the beginning of bringing the CCB line to the Grendel.The petals are now staying intact to higher speeds and the weight is now where it is supposed to be. As DoubleNaughtSpy found in his use on hogs, yotes and a poor beaver, lol.
      For the Grendel Horde’s convenience, I have compiled my results for a sampling of .264 caliber lead-free projectiles (LFPs). Also included are results from testing an experimental LFP, the 90g Cereberus, developed by our very own BluntForceTrama et. al. The main goal of this work was to give the Grendel reloader a single
      Last edited by CavityBackBullets; 02-26-2018, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• jackthemundy
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2018

My first box of 118's shipped from the factory yesterday. Looking forward to trying them out. All I'm looking to get is 2475 to 2500 fps out of my 20" barrel with cfe223. That shouldn't be hard to do with all the load data on this site! Then I'll just need some four legged porker friends to come along for the ultimate (and hopefully lethal) test.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
          Warrior
          • May 2017

Originally posted by CavityBackBullets View Post
          Send me a PM, we will get you going....
          I have sent two messages, I don't know if they went through, nothing showing in my sent items box...

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Mad Charlie View Post
            I have sent two messages, I don't know if they went through, nothing showing in my sent items box...
            You need to tick the "save sent messages" checkbox.
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Mad Charlie
              Warrior
              • May 2017

Found it, I can see where that might help, thanks.

Comment

• CavityBackBullets
                Bloodstained
                • Nov 2016

Go it and responded

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                  Warrior
                  • May 2017

Sent list

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                    Warrior
                    • May 2017

Thanks Much

Comment

• s3silver
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2014

CBB-

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love the design of your MKZ and the fact they shot great in my initial testing was a plus. I actually had some loaded up for deer hunting last fall, but didn't have any luck.

Consumers are going to look at all the offerings before settling. It's just part of the selection process.

Comment

• CavityBackBullets
                        Bloodstained
                        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by s3silver View Post
                        CBB-

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love the design of your MKZ and the fact they shot great in my initial testing was a plus. I actually had some loaded up for deer hunting last fall, but didn't have any luck.

Consumers are going to look at all the offerings before settling. It's just part of the selection process.
                        I invite people to look at all the offerings.
                        We have a clientele base that is constantly growing.
                        Once people try them they come back for more.
                        They are not plinking bullets, we know this, they were not designed to be.
                        High quality monolithic bullets are the more costly option.
                        In your case you have not seen the performance on game first hand.
                        I sincerely hope you get a chance to do so.
                        We are just saying give them a shot (pun intended)

Comment

• DIANEB
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2020

I know this thread is very old but I had my husband order a of the 120gr MKZ for my 6.8 SPC...
                          I wanted to get box of 118 MKZ 6.5s to but they are out of stock...

Comment

• bmash
                            Bloodstained
                            • Mar 2022

Comment

• DIANEB
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2020

I'm ordering the 105s...

Comment

• Eye_guy
                                Bloodstained
                                • Dec 2020

First time using the cavity back bullets this fall. My 10 year old daughter shot a 2-1/2 year old whitetail buck at around 80 yards. Quartering towards us, but not severely. Bullet entered low in the chest cavity in front of the shoulder and exited out the back shoulder. The deer was standing on a pretty decent slope and his

Comment

Working...
                                X