Die recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The load I was using was 31.6 grains or IMR8208XBR behind an 81.5 grain Cauterucio Bench Rest Bullet, Lapua case and Wolf Small Rifle Magnum primer.
    Bob

Comment

I have always liked Redding dies. Only use those and Dillon.
      Phil

Comment

Originally posted by stokesrj View Post
        I also have a Dillon 550 but don't load the Gredel on it, I see they do make a shell plate for it though which is nice. You probably know that Dillon recomends Redding dies for calibers they don't make their dies in. I have the high end Redding Competitition setand just their regular FL die set as well. I think the Redding FL die set is a more senible buy unless you just like the cool stuff http://www.midwayusa.com/product/948...c=S016ID759032. If you are going to be loading only Lapua and AA brass the standard dies are fine. I sometimes form brass or load Wolf brass so the bushing dies come in handy then. I load all my Grendel on either my Redding single stage press or Wilson hand dies. I get less than .002 bullet run out with any of them.
        Bob
        Bob, I am starting out with 123 A max factory and some AA brass, would I need to get the bushing dies or would the regular reddings suffice. never loaded with bushing dies, RCBS for years and started converting everything to redding @ 10 years ago. thanks

Comment

Working...
        X