• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phishfood
    Warrior
    • Jul 2017

Prvi Partisan bullets

I was poking around Graf's site, and ran across this.
    Note: Diameter is Varied Mic'ed a Bag with 0-1" Micrometer 6.5mm (.268) SP 8g (123gr) Inspection Tag #107 Lot PPU 22001 80 = .26690 - .26699 20 = .26700 - .26750 Prvi Partizan was founded in 1928 and today produces over 350 types of rifle, pistol , revolver and small arms ammunition. Prvi Partizan bulk bullets feature a lead core and copper jacket. Imported from Serbia. This is not loaded ammunition.

For anyone who doesn't want to click through, they have 123 grain SPRN (not sure what that means), for 23 cents a piece.

That is a really low price for 6.5 bullets, to the point of seeming to be too good to be true.

Anyone know anything about these?
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Might be wrong but I think that is the bullet that came on the fmj ammo they use to sell for the grendel.

That ammo got pulled from the shelfs.

Could be wrong so don't take it as a fact.

Comment

• biodsl
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2011

I think you're mistaken, A5. The FMJ bullet was a 120 and can be seen here. A decent bullet for the money. Don't expect top shelf BCs.
      Prvi Partizan was founded in 1928 and today produces over 350 types of rifle, pistol , revolver and small arms ammunition. Prvi Partizan bulk bullets feature a lead core and copper jacket. Imported from Serbia. This is not loaded ammunition.

BTW, I assume SPRN means soft point round nose. This may be the bullet used in old Wolf 123 grain soft point ammo which was pretty poor quality.
      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• pinetreebbs
        Warrior
        • Nov 2013

As I understand, the problem with the Prvi Grendel ammunition was with the brass.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

As I said I could be wrong on my thinking.

Been out the grendel scene for a bit and can't remember everything from when I was last active.

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

The original Wolf Gold 6.5 Grendel ammunition was Prvi Partizan ammo with PPU brass. The first Wolf Gold was loaded with 123 grain soft point. I shot at least three boxes of this ammo and the jacket alloy seemed to foul the barrel more than most centerfire ammo I’ve shot. Wolf next imported Wolf Gold with the 120 grain MPT (Multi Purpose Tactical) bullet loaded by PPU.

When Prvi Partizan started selling 6.5 Grendel ammunition under their own name PPU sold 110 grain FMJ and 120 grain HP BT ammo. The Bullet in the PPU 120 grain HP BT looks like the same bullet as the Wolf 120 grain MPT. I still have have some Wolf Gold and PPU 6.5 Grendel. I opted not to turn in my PPU ammo after the recall as they had no ammo available which I was interested in owning.

A Friend of mine ordered several hundred PPU 120 grain HP BT bullets and they shoot good in his 18” Grendel II chamber. If I had a choice I wouldn’t buy many 123 grain soft point bullet until I tested them. If the jackets material has been changed the 123 grain SP might be gtg. For the difference in price I’d buy the HP BT bullet.
            Last edited by VASCAR2; 05-31-2018, 03:22 AM.

Comment

• LR1955
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
              As I said I could be wrong on my thinking.

Been out the grendel scene for a bit and can't remember everything from when I was last active.
              A5:

With the 123 grain soft point stuff, it was the bullet more than the brass or powder. The bullet fowled barrels horribly with copper. JP had a warning about shooting the Wolf 123 SP ammo through their 6.5 Grendel upper when JP started making Grendels and the 123 grain Wolf SP was still on the shelves.

I would buy the 120 grain Wolf bullets but not the 123's.

LR55

Comment

• North Florida
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2018

Hello members..... I'm about to make a Hornady brass purchase from Grafs and was wondering if anyone had any new or updated thoughts on the PRVI Partisan 120 grain BTHP projectiles in 6.5 that were mentioned in this post a few months ago.

Anyone using these for breaking in a new barrel, informal target practice or maybe even varmints / small game? For the price are they accurate enough to consider? Any issues you guys can share about these?

Or are they worthwhile for 21-22 cents per projectile?

Grafs has not so far answered any of my emails about products or savings codes.... So, I am guessing they don't offer new customer discounts and I don't have an FFL or tax ID to set up a wholesale account with them.

Comment

• biodsl
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2011

Funny this should come up. I'll be firing some hand loads using this bullet later today. They're a good bullet for the money. I'll try to remember to report back.

Hopefully, K280 chimes in. I just bought a bunch of brass from him and he included a few of these in the purchase. His handwritten note said they were the most accurate bullet out of his Grendel. He believed the BC to around .420 (IIRC).
                  Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• North Florida
                    Bloodstained
                    • Sep 2018

Biodsl,

Thanks for your reply brother. I appreciate it. A report later when you have time would be hugely appreciated.

I recently bought a 20" Monster barrel ans Monster bolt, here from our moderator and I'm gathering some supplies to begin loading in January.

It just so happened that when I asked others here about brass, they told me that the Hornady brand was holding up well especially considering it was half the price of the Lapua brand.

I was gonna get a couple of 100 piece bags of the 120 gr PRVI BTHP when I bought the brass. Please let me know if someone here on the forum, like K280 is a good reliable source of once fired brass for the Grendel.

I haven't met K280 yet, but so far, most members have seemed to be very willing to help me get my first Grendel assembled and to shoot straight with me regarding components, dies, etc.

I was considering the Hornady 2 die set as well while I picked up the brass and projectiles. Your thoughts on that are certainly welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,
                    North Florida

Comment

Working...
                    X