• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 65newloader
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2018

BCA barrel not bad at all.

Ok, dropping a thanks to BCA for the barrel (18" 416R SS 5R). I have a 20"416R SS 5R fluted to test later. They can shoot(3 shots in picture 27.2gr), but I am not worth a hoot yet. As most have been saying, the Hornady ELDM 123gr are accurate when loaded correctly. Tested some 123gr SSTs at same load grains, also and got down to under around an inch, but have to test some more. Did 3 shot groups just to get the grouping and velocity readings. Real test is next round with 5 shot groups. Specs below.

Starline brass. CCI400 primers. IMR8208XBR
    Hornady ELDM 123 gr 27.2gr 2343 fps 6.24 SD. Next group was at 27.4gr with a wider spread, but 2372fps with SD 1.15, so probably me. One after that was a little larger than the picture and had 2 shots touching, but the 3rd was about 1/4" out. It was at 27.6gr at 2420fps. Still have to test a bit. No FTF or FTE.
    Bullet to Ogive 1.6955 backed off to 1.6905
    OAL 2.2735
    C-Products Defense 10 rd mag
    Omega 3 ARMS Poly lower
    Anderson upper with Toolcraft BCG.
    BCA 18" 416R SS 5R
    AIM 13.5" Keylock
    Bushnell 4.5x18 44 AR308 scope. Got a good deal, so the AR308 BDC. Ballistics are close for the range.
    Attached Files
  • CaptnC
    Warrior
    • May 2018

I have a couple barrels that I'm told are made by BCA that I bought from Classic Firearms. Both shot hand loads a lot better than I thought they would. Mine shot the Nosler 100gr best, but the Horady SST shot respectable groups. I'm using the same powder, but at a higher charge weight.

Check my thread about Budget Grendel...it has all my load data

Comment

• 1Shot
      Warrior
      • Feb 2018

Looks like BCA has done some changes in workmanship or something. Or both of you hit the jackpot with the roll of the dice.

Comment

• 65newloader
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2018

CaptnC, will check out the Budget Grendel. I plan on going up in charge and test until I see some pressure signs. Thanks! We might have hit the lottery on the barrels. Once I get the load correct for the 18", will work on the load for 20".

Comment

• cwlongshot
          Warrior
          • Mar 2018

Good to hear.

I had a problem and sent mine back last week... short chamber. I am accepting a replacement hope that its better!

CW

Comment

Working...
          X