• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rockhound
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2018

Bought some grendel bullets

After hashing it out in my head, I turned to my 260 data. I had great results out of the 120 gr. Sierra prohunter out of my 260, before I swapped to the 130 gr. Accubond. The reason I switched was due to lack of exits at <100 yards. At grendel speeds they should provide. I stopped in at my local lgs and bought 3 boxes at $24/100.
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

I've been shooting mostly the 123 sst's and eldm's, I have the prohunters... a little concerned b/c last nite when I checked their oal with the comparator it came up as 2.204, which is really short for me.
    I'll do some more checks, the PH's worked well for me in another caliber.
    As you get some data for yours hopefully you'll share results!
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

The Pro Hunters have shot very well for me. I bought several hundred at Sierra’s outlet store and was going to buy more the last time I was there, unfortunately OOS. The only disadvantage is they don’t have as high of BC as some of the newer hunting bullets. This is a very good bullet at 6.5 Grendel velocity but they do need to be seated with a short overall cartridge length. Sierra data shows 2.135 overall cartridge length.

Comment

• FW Conch
        Warrior
        • Nov 2014

Instead of chasing the lands, a node or two can often be found going in the other direction.

Comment

• 1Shot
          Warrior
          • Feb 2018

Over the years I have found that Sierra bullets like to jump and most are not all that picky how far they want to jump. I am shooting the 120 PH really accurately in both of my Grendel's. Both shoot great with a COAL of 2.250 which is 40 thousands off the lands in my Oden works barrel and 33 thousands off in my BCA barrel. Work up to this carefully in YOUR rifle but both of mine like Hornady case, CCI 450 or CCI-BR primer, 28.5 Grs IMR 8208 and I use a medium Lee Factory Crimp. If I do my part this will ragged hole in the Oden and be just under 1" in the BCA at 100 yards. I will be using this load in the Oden 18" for deer this season but I am going to use the 120 Speer Gold Dot, Hornady case, CCI 450 and 28.0 grs IMR 8208 in the 20" BCA. I just loaded up the ammo for both rifles yesterday to do my final zeroing of the rifles the next range trip so I will be ready to hunt. Oh! You were VERY LUCKY to find those 120 Pro Hunters. They have be out of stock for months everyplace I have checked. I have a pretty good supply but it never hurts to have a few more for a rainy day. I also have used this bullet in my 6.5x55 to take a bunch of deer and it does a great job.
          Last edited by 1Shot; 08-03-2018, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• Rockhound
            Bloodstained
            • Jul 2018

I sold a couple hundred awhile back before the notion of a grendel came to mind. I figured my local haunt would have q few, so I bought them all, I still have about 50 loaded up in 260 brass, I may pull those. If I decide to go another route ill offer them up here

Comment

Working...
            X