X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Randy99CL
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

Yep, you're both right. I keep a spreadsheet of everything I spend and am shocked by how much reloading has cost me. I just started in December when I built my bench and bought the RCBS press kit.
    I always look for sales and deals but there are always little things that I need to add to the kit. Eventually (and soon) I will have all the equipment I need.

But I am loading .204 Ruger, .223 Rem, 6.5G, 6.5CM, 9mm, 10mm and 44 Mag.

So you learn to watch for sales and buy in quantity. When the Speer 90g TNTs were $16 a box I bought 500. Local shop had primers for $30 so I bought a bunch. They have good prices on powder and sometimes 15% off sales so I stock up.

The plated bullets can save a lot, they're usually 8-12c each for .223 and most pistol calibers. Great for practice and plinking.

My Grendel AR, .204 and 6.5 Creed bolt guns are precision arms I don't shoot every day. When I just want to blast for fun I use the .223AR and 9 and 10mm pistols.

And reloading does become a hobby by itself. I am a retired machinist and really enjoy spending my time and energy working at the reloading bench.
    Last edited by Randy99CL; 08-15-2018, 06:36 PM.
    "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

After 40+ years, well, 15+ for the newer equipment I have, my fixed costs are long-ago paid off.
      I like a caliber that has good ammo for reasonable and great shooting reloads...
      6.5 Grr fills that bill, among some others...
      All just a part of my obligation to be part of the unregulated militia-- hahahaha!!!
      My CFO endorses so I'm good!
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
      X