Sorting Wolf Steel to increase accuracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badkarmaiii
    Unwashed
    • Jun 2018

Sorting Wolf Steel to increase accuracy?

Has anyone tried sorting Wolf 6.5 by weight and/or length to see if more consistency can be obtained?
    I have a Doublestar 20" 1:9 chrome lined barrel coming to build a practice rig to shoot the cheap stuff to practice wind reading.

Thanks,
    Lee
    Last edited by badkarmaiii; 08-14-2018, 04:54 AM.
  • Djgrendel
    Warrior
    • Feb 2016

Coming from my experience, I would rather shoot good quality ammunition. Yes, I do shoot wolf steel from time to time. I would rather use my scale to check powder charges in handloads. I think it's great we have the option, but why waste the time to smear lipstick on a pig.
    Yard work is not an excuse!

Comment

• badkarmaiii
      Unwashed
      • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Djgrendel View Post
      Coming from my experience, I would rather shoot good quality ammunition. Yes, I do shoot wolf steel from time to time. I would rather use my scale to check powder charges in handloads. I think it's great we have the option, but why waste the time to smear lipstick on a pig.
      It's cheap and fast.

Comment

• Sticks
        Chieftain
        • Dec 2016

The Wolf bullet is .261-.262, way undersized for a .264 bore. Top that with inconsistent bullet tension from either the crimp, or lacquer, equates to a plinking round that 1.5 MOA is awesome accuracy out of a top end barrel.

100 yard plinking, and CQB/training is about all it's worth.

Not going to get quality Grendel food at $.28 per. American Gunner is your next best bet at $.60 or so.
        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

Working...
        X