• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Popeye212
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2018

Email from Sierra no 120 Pro Hunter production for a while

Sent Sierra an email on the 120gr. Pro Hunter can't find em. Here is the response.

When is this bullet going to be available again or did you stop production on it?

6.5mm .264 Diameter 120 Grain Spitzer Pro Hunter

Bummer
  • Gusmeister
    Warrior
    • May 2017

I have noticed the same thing with Hornady rifle bullets. It's not that they are hard to find in the sense of scarcity (think back 5 years) but that eventually they'll spool up a machine, produce for the need plus 10% and then shut the machine down and change bullets. I am seeing that right now with the 75gr Hornady 5.56 bullets. Yet when they come back in stock there is plenty for a while and then not so much. The cycle repeats. It is a very profitable way to do business but hard on the consumer. I just ordered some bullets intended for next May's hog hunt just to be sure.

Comment

• Popeye212
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2018

Maybe play with some Noslers, just got some EldM's I haven't shot yet.

Comment

• Sticks
        Chieftain
        • Dec 2016

Seems to be common practice when a company makes so many different bullets. 130 ELDs were GONE for a long time. Finally showed up, I grabbed 1k, then the supplies were decimated online again. There were 30+ online places. Now down to 9, and only 3 at the price point that I would pay.
        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

Working...
        X