• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brett
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2017

90gr TNT load data

Gents, I have only been loading the 120-123gr bullets for my Grendels, but just picked up some of the 90gr TNT's. I have a little bit of factory load data from Speer and Hodgden, but they don't seem to agree on max charge weights for the same powder. Not even close. I have looked here on the forum for more info, but there isn't much chatter on this bullet. I'm looking for some recommendations on powder choice and approximate charge weights you guys have had success with. I do understand every barrel likes something different, just hoping for some trends or favorites.
    Last edited by Brett; 10-23-2018, 12:04 AM.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

H335 will probably give you great if not the best speeds with that bullet.

Comment

• Javman
      Warrior
      • Jan 2016

Running the 85 grain varmint with 31 grains of H335 and have no pressure issues. Oh and getting .40 inch groups with 3 rounds.

Comment

• Triticum
        Bloodstained
        • Jul 2018

Does anyone have any data for TAC with these bullets?

Comment

• 1Shot
          Warrior
          • Feb 2018

In my experience with the Speer 120 gr Gold Dot in two ARs the Speer load data is way light on their max loads. My max with no problems is 28 grs IMR 8208. I would say the same is true with their 90 gr data but I have not loaded this bullet. There is a lot of real life experience of how the bullet works on hogs over on the hunting thread but he is shooting factory ammo with this bullet.

Comment

• monty
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2017

I'm using 31 grains H335 and 90 TNT's. Very accurate at 100 yards. Have not shot them any further yet. No pressure signs.

Comment

• Brett
              Bloodstained
              • Feb 2017

The H335 does look good for velocity in the manuals. How is it for accuracy and temp. stability. I will probably start out with TAC and Benchmark since I have those on hand. I don't have any specific load data for the TAC yet. The temp stability for TAC is not that great at .91fps/*. The Benchmark looks better with .44fps/*. Hodgdon lists 30.5gr as max at 2870 with an unspecified barrel length. Speer lists 31.2gr and 2952 in a 24" barrel. Accuracy is most important to me, but I do like working with the more temp stable powders when I can.
              Last edited by Brett; 10-24-2018, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

From what I’ve seen Benchmark powder is probably more temperature stable than H-335 and Benchmark produces very good velocites with 85-100 grain bullets. I have yet to try Benchmark but have used Accurate2230/Xterminator and H-335 with good accuracy with bullets from 85-100 grains. I got good accuracy using TAC with 95 grain V-Max.

Comment

• Trueblue
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Triticum View Post
                  Does anyone have any data for TAC with these bullets?
                  Interested in this as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X