Clear All
  • grendelnubi
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

12.7 Faxon GB, 129 ABLR ladder results

• BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Good report. I like that you tested most of the popular powders.

I would also try LEVERevolution with the 129-130 class of bullets.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• dpete
      Warrior
      • May 2016

Thanks for this! I'm about to start my own ladder test with my 12.7" GB barrel and 129 ABLR with AR-Comp. You've saved me some work with knowing where to start the ladder.

Comment

• grendelnubi
        Warrior
        • Apr 2017

I am really excited about this 129 gr ABLR. It really did shoot well and with the lower 1300 fps, it would extend my range if I needed to. It does have a soft point, on one my loads the bullet seat left a indented ring. I believe someone else had also seen this.

Deer season starts this Saturday and where I hunt I would not expect to shot past 125 yards so I am going to work up a quick test with the 26.8 AR Comp and verify the accuracy and if it works out, I am going to use it. If not, I can default to the 120 NBT which also shots well out of this 12.7.

Comment

• grendelnubi
          Warrior
          • Apr 2017

I have definitely found my hunting load. Deer season starts in a few hours so I am pumped.

These Nosler 129gr ABLE shoots better than any hunting projectile I have tested. Avg speed at 2109 is reasonable with 26.9gr of AR Comp. I believe I could possibly get more fps out of it but this 129 ABLR is pretty soft so I really don't see a need to push it faster right now. My shots are around 100 yards or so any way. I have left indention's on a couple of them while seating. Have to take is slow and gentle with these.

Midsouth had them on for $39 per 100. Wish now I would have purchased more.

Nosler projectiles just seems to shot good out of this 12.7 whether it be the 100gr, 120gr and now the 129 gr ABLR. Constantly MOA or better across the board and with various powders also. Funny thing is all of the load developments I have done have all the same point of impact. I think I may do a test and load one of each and see what kind of group I can get. Even the 123gr SST with 30 grs of CFE has the same POI.

Anyone on the fence about testing these 129 ABLR, take a plung and see if it works for you.

Comment

Working...
          X