Barnes 127 LRX and 100 grain ttsx update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Barnes 127 LRX and 100 grain ttsx update.

Just got off the phone with the tech's at Barne's.

They confirmed the min expansion impact speed for the 127 LRX is 1500 fps and half caliber expansion speed is 1700 fps.

Also was told that the 100 grain ttsx is on the board for rework to get it to match the expansion levels of the 127 LRX bullet.

Hope this helps someone that may have been looking at that bullet for use in their grendel or was looking at the PF 127 LRX loaded ammo.
  • Pootyng
    Warrior
    • Aug 2018

Thnx A5. Would you happen to know the B.C. of the 127?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Pootyng View Post
      Think it is 484 but not for sure. Should be listed online somewhere's

Comment

• s3silver
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Interesting. Rickoshay's sticky showed the 127 lrx only losing the tip at 1770 fps.

Lowering the expansion threshold of the 100 ttsx would be nice, since it shoots so good out of my two hunting grendels

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by s3silver View Post
          Interesting. Rickoshay's sticky showed the 127 lrx only losing the tip at 1770 fps.

Lowering the expansion threshold of the 100 ttsx would be nice, since it shoots so good out of my two hunting grendels
          Yea seen that.

Don't know just going off what I have seen trusted members here state that it will and also what the tech at Barnes told me.

I could here him messing around on his computer as we talked, like he was searching for data. He asked me if I was useing a creedmoor or 47lapua. I told him it would be out if a 16 inch grendel and I could hear him typing on his keyboard and then he said oh ok here we go. Like he had some in house data or something.

He clearly stated that it's min impact speed is 1500 and should expand to half inch at 1700 and it should make for a great bullet on deer and hog from my 16 inch.

I run a red dot on that rifle for close range hunting in thick brush and from my climbing stand.

The 100 ttsx works at those ranges but I really wanted to try these as well.

Just passing along the intel, my 50 round box of lrx ammo should arrive just in time next week for gun season and the rut to start.

Comment

• s3silver
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Yep, more information is always good. With all these newer competitors coming out, hopefully they'll lower the expansion threshold. If they do, I may just stick with them.

Good luck on your hunt and keep us posted on how those 127's do.

Comment

• rickOshay
              Warrior
              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Pootyng View Post
              The BC is 0.468 and is included in the sticky thread.

Comment

• sneaky one
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

The 127 is as long, or longer than a 140 target pill, in .264. It's best used for 6.5 x 55 Swede & larger case capacity. Grrr case is not designed for that long of a bullet.,

For any great kills at range, meh-,,,,,, Close in ?-- The 127---- It should be okay.

This was the reason that I started tweaking these unleaded pills. There is an AR option, to use this pill better in AR package. with a bit more speed.

Unleaded is --- like a wildcat version of a new idea. I have had fun for ten years of trying new ideas , that I tweaked for faster impact & opening speeds.

It's the D tech version of WSSM short cases. single stack mags, like the B wolf., and, same Idea as the .450 Bushmaster.
                Last edited by sneaky one; 11-04-2018, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X