• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IescapedCali
    Warrior
    • Sep 2017

Norma Brass

Was spending my Christmas Presents yesterday, and noticed Norma Grendel brass, 100 pieces at $165.00. Has anyone loaded this brass yet, or have any feedback? The same number of cases from Hornady, right next to it, was around $70. Is this Norma stuff magical or something?
  • Londerko
    Warrior
    • Apr 2018

Comment

• Arkhangel5
      Warrior
      • Apr 2016

Norma brass is always pricey, but very good.

When I first built my Gr, I got Norma brass from Midway on clearance for $70/100. No way would I pay full price for it otherwise.

I used it to break in my 18in rifle, as in load and shoot to see what I could expect out of the Grendel. No surprises. My 100 pieces of Norma are 1x fired, used to get my feet wet.

Switched to Lapua and Hornady brass for matches, with preference going to Hornady, meaning I don't get annoyed as much when I lose one at the range.

SY

Comment

• Sticks
        Chieftain
        • Dec 2016

Multiple members here are on the teens in reloading Hornady brass, and no failures. Good brass in the Grendel

Lapua is the top dog, but you pay for it. Also lasts into the teens on reloading.

Stay away from Federal.

Really no need to pay for gold in your brass with Grendel running at such low pressures. Proper loads in the safe areas (not exceeding max) and your brass will last. If you are looking for a long range match round and need all the consistency you can scrounge, then Lapua.
        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

Working...
        X