• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dscoduc
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2016

Where's the beef, err, ammo?

I love the Grendel round and used to reload it until I sold my previous upper. Now I'm trying to get back into the Grendel world with my new build. Unfortunately I can't find Grendel ammo anywhere local... And being in commiefornia I can't just order it online...

I went to Ammo Bros and Gunfighter Tactical today (in San Diego) and they had ammo for 6.5 Creedmoor and even .224 Valkyrie, but nothing for 6.5 Grendel... Very frustrating...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." - Ronald Reagan
  • FRB6.5
    Warrior
    • Oct 2018

I'd suggest Sportsman's Warehouse, but they are all well north of you. Yuma, AZ is your closest one :/

Comment

• Londerko
      Warrior
      • Apr 2018

Comment

• Sticks
        Chieftain
        • Dec 2016

Damn. Find a retailer that can order it in for you, but you really should look at getting back into reloading (that might be next on the CA hit parade).
        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

I say defect comrade defect, leave your communist homeland behind and run to a new live in the land of the free

Comment

• wiguy
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2018

Maybe you need a road trip to visit relatives? Not sure what the deal is shipping ammo to CA these days.

Comment

• FW Conch
              Warrior
              • Nov 2014

Yes ! Push back ! Fix Your state if You want to remain an American. We all need to stop accepting this stuff and look at what is "really"happening. Salvaging America requires sacrifice.

Comment

• biodsl
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by FRB6.5 View Post
                I'd suggest Sportsman's Warehouse, but they are all well north of you. Yuma, AZ is your closest one :/
                I don't think it's legal for a CA resident to bring in ammo from out of state. I don't think it's legal for a non-resident hunter to bring ammo into the state. I think all ammo used in the state must be purchased through an FFL in the state.

I'm sorry for the messed up state of affairs in CA. I agree with Londerko; if you don't reload I'd steer clear of the Grendel given the repressive laws there. Shooting regularly would require ordering thousands of rounds at a time.
                Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• 1Shot
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2018

You think it is hard getting ammo for the 6.5 Grendel now just wait until sometime in 2019 when the new Prop what ever number it is goes into effect. To purchase ANY ammo in CA you will have to first of all have I am told the weapon registered with the state in your name and then have to pay $1 for a background check and jump through some more hoops. I also believe that you will be limited on the amount of ammo you can purchase.

Comment

• Grendelshooter
                    Warrior
                    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by 1Shot View Post
                    You think it is hard getting ammo for the 6.5 Grendel now just wait until sometime in 2019 when the new Prop what ever number it is goes into effect. To purchase ANY ammo in CA you will have to first of all have I am told the weapon registered with the state in your name and then have to pay $1 for a background check and jump through some more hoops. I also believe that you will be limited on the amount of ammo you can purchase.
                    Last edited by Grendelshooter; 12-31-2018, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Grendelshooter
                      Warrior
                      • Jun 2017

Originally posted by FW Conch View Post
                      Yes ! Push back ! Fix Your state if You want to remain an American. We all need to stop accepting this stuff and look at what is "really"happening. Salvaging America requires sacrifice.
                      Not going to happen in CA.
                      The voter fraud is so prevalent here and illegals have totally destroyed any semblance of legal elections.
                      California’s last gasp was prop 187 in 1994. We the people forced it into the ballot and passed it, making illegals ineligible for any and all state assistance, education, work, etc etc. the USSC found it unconstitutional and since then CA has been solid blue.
                      It’s done and over now. The Mexicans straight up outnumber us.

Comment

• rickOshay
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Dscoduc View Post
                        I went to Ammo Bros and Gunfighter Tactical today (in San Diego) and they had ammo for 6.5 Creedmoor and even .224 Valkyrie, but nothing for 6.5 Grendel... Very frustrating...
                        https://gunfightertactical.com/ammo/

Comment

Working...
                        X