X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Charlie
    Warrior
    • May 2017

Out of three Grendel AR chambers, two M1A's, and I don't remember exactly how many 5.56 AR's over the years, I have never needed a "small base" sizing die. I use Forster, Redding, and RCBS.

Comment

• Londerko
      Warrior
      • Apr 2018

Thank you

Comment

• Mark611
        Warrior
        • Feb 2017

yes thank you guy's very good info

Comment

• coastguardchas
          Unwashed
          • Sep 2014

I had a custom built Grendel by a very well known company that after resizing Alexander factory rounds with a RCBS sizing die would not chamber. the case body was not reduced enough. tight chamber. after discussion with the builder I sent him a fired case and he had another sizing die chromed to reduce the case body to chamber. not happy about that , but just another step in reloading. resized round work fine. Chas

Comment

• Klem
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Mark,

Very unlikely you will need an SB die unless the person chambering your rifle deliberately made it tighter than SAAMI. SB's were popular for auto loaders back in the 80's/90's but the shooting community figured out normal FL work fine with a little more bump than bolt guns.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by coastguardchas View Post
              I had a custom built Grendel by a very well known company that after resizing Alexander factory rounds with a RCBS sizing die would not chamber. the case body was not reduced enough. tight chamber. after discussion with the builder I sent him a fired case and he had another sizing die chromed to reduce the case body to chamber. not happy about that , but just another step in reloading. resized round work fine. Chas
              Yea I would get rid of that. I'm of the mind set if I have to have custom one off tools too get it to work, then it's a liability and needs to go live somewhere else.

Comment

• FLshooter
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2019

Comment

Working...
                X