Case life!!!!! what cases do you get the best case life out of????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark611
    Warrior
    • Feb 2017

if you get a gas leak out of ur primer pocket area it will burn a hole like divot in ur bolt face ask how I know

Comment

• LR1955
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
      Boys o boys be careful....

The thing is, even with them simply falling out, that primer has to go somewhere, and I've had one get lodged in the locking lugs and completely seize the rifle up. Or it goes in the trigger group, and all kinds of fun things can happen then.
      Kilco:

Ahhhh. So you too have done the same thing. Prime a bunch of brass knowing the primers are going in way too easy and think to yourself that you will shoot them one last time.

You didn't say if you got a face full of hot gas and debris too. I surely did every time I blew a primer in both bolt rifles and AR's. A guy would think that the bolt of a bolt rifle protects their face from gas and crud. Not so I found out.

I can see how easy it is for the blown primer to lock up a bolt rifle but it is uncanny how blown primers in AR's seem to funnel into the trigger mechanism causing the trigger to fail.

LR55

Comment

• FRB6.5
        Warrior
        • Oct 2018

Pretty sure there is some sort of brass magnet in AR trigger groups

Comment

• Kilco
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
          Kilco:

You didn't say if you got a face full of hot gas and debris too. I surely did every time I blew a primer in both bolt rifles and AR's.

LR55
          Yes sir, that's exactly what happened... Not a fun experience. Learn from my mistakes folks. Same thing I tell my boys.

Brass is cheap. Eyes are irreplaceable.

Comment

• Sticks
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2016

The primers that end up in the gas keys are the impressive ones.

I call my loads hot because I can not think of any other reason my primer pockets would be getting loose. My primers have always remained rounded at the edges, and look better than factory primers. My load is in the middle of my workup.

Advice and cautions is logged. It will be a while before I get to that lot of cases that are prepped. I am in the middle of my first home purchase, and have started packing up my apartment which meant that my loading bench was disassembled and stacked, loading equip boxed up.
            Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

Working...
            X