Clear All
  • Londerko
    Warrior
    • Apr 2018

Comment

• Arkhangel5
      Warrior
      • Apr 2016

Londerko is right. Hodgdon lists 28.5 of XBR as max for a 123gr bullet.

I think it is also in the Grendel reloading books, and has been mentioned quite a few times in different threads.

I have used that charge for the 123smk, 123 Amax, 123 eld-m and the 123 Nosler CC, all 4 bullets shot fine with no issues.

Just posted it as an FYI.

SY

Comment

• ricsmall
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

^^What the last two posts said.^^28.5 is Max under any 123 grain with 8208. Most of my accuracy nodes are at 28.2-28.4. I’ve never had pressure problems with 8208, but I normally develop my loads in hot temps. Bill Alexander and the collective authors of the Grendel reloading books have put a few more downrange than Sierra. We plead for years for them to publish data before they actually did it.
        Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Bronsonburner
          Warrior
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Arkhangel5 View Post
          I am with Cornbread. I would see if you can get to 28gr. If no pressure signs, am betting you will see the groups tighten back up.

The barrel will tell you what it likes, if higher doesn't shoot tight, there you go.

As an example, I am at 2465fps with 28gr of 8208, sub moa all day long, I think Cornbread is in the same ballpark(18in barrel).

Just an FYI.

SY
          Originally posted by Londerko View Post
          Hogdon lists 28.5 as max with a 123
          Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
          ^^What the last two posts said.^^28.5 is Max under any 123 grain with 8208. Most of my accuracy nodes are at 28.2-28.4. I’ve never had pressure problems with 8208, but I normally develop my loads in hot temps. Bill Alexander and the collective authors of the Grendel reloading books have put a few more downrange than Sierra. We plead for years for them to publish data before they actually did it.

Wow thanks for telling me this. For some reason I had it in my head that 27.5 was the max. It is according to Sierra data.

Now I'm REALLY pumped to go further.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
            Warrior
            • May 2017

BB:
            As you may be aware, There are many variations in chambers in our Grendel's, therefore "go further" with caution and care please.

I have no problems with 28-28.2 8208 with 120gr in my rifles, but mine are not yours.

Comment

• trdjohn
              Bloodstained
              • Feb 2019

recently collected all my parts including 18" criterion MLGS, but just haven't had time to put them all together, so the OP targets are giving me some confidence going forward

Comment

• grendelnubi
                Warrior
                • Apr 2017

Lymans 50th edition list IMR 8208 for the 123 gr A-Max starting at 27.3 and max at 28.5. I have not been able to get over 28 due to ejector marks.

Comment

• Cornbread
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2015

Comment

Working...
                  X