• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ibshane
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2018

Wolf Gold Brass?

So a guy just gave me 9 boxes of once fired Wolf Gold brass.
    Is this brass any good..., I see that this brass uses Large primers..., any issues there??
  • Cereal Thriller
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2019

Believe Wolf crimps their primers. Would need to remove that first, could load them for plinking.

Comment

• CaptnC
      Warrior
      • May 2018

Probably junk...best send it to me...I will get rid of it for you!

There is some odd ball brass out there. I have about 10 pieces of Apex...or something like that. It seems to be very good brass. None of it has failed. I have about 6 firing on my brass right now.

I would like to be able to use standard rifle primers in the Grendel but have never seen any. If it's crimped that would suck...but I would give it a go.

I hate reaming the primer pockets, but it might be worth it.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

The PPU/Prvi Partizan brass varies from lot to lot and a lot of it will not take but one or two reloads before the primer prockets get to loose. I found that Sellor & Bellot large rifle primers fit a little more snug than Winchester large rifle primers. I use my PPU brass where I might likely loose my brass, like when varmint hunting.

I normally don’t load max charges and usually load moderate velocities in PPU brass. I wouldn’t buy PPU 6.5 Grendel brass but I don’t throw it away until the primer pockets get loose.

Comment

• ibshane
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2018

The Wolf I have isn't crimped.., Thankfully., or I'd have just tossed it!

My plan it to use it on Hog & Coyote hunts just letting it fly rather than possibly losing my good brass!
          Last edited by ibshane; 03-08-2019, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• 1Shot
            Warrior
            • Feb 2018

I would for sure not load it close to top loads because the large primer will not handle the pressure like small primers do. The cases themselves I believe are made by PPU/Prvi Partizan. I have not used any for the Grendel but I have for a number of other calibers and it seems to be pretty good brass on par with Rem. WW and Hornady. You need to get you a brass catcher. The strap on type is cheap and they work fine.

Comment

Working...
            X