• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Randy99CL
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

Speer bullet Rebate

Speer has a 20% bullet rebate. Details at Midway: https://www.midwayusa.com/s?targetLo...ItemsPerPage=0

The reviews on their Gold Dot and TNT bullets are great and at 15.2 cents each the TNTs are the lowest price I've ever seen.
    "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.
  • BobinNC
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

I'm waiting for somebody like Midway or Graf's to get the 6.5mm 120 Gr Gold Dots back in stock......

Comment

• Gusmeister
      Warrior
      • May 2017

Originally posted by BobinNC View Post
      I'm waiting for somebody like Midway or Graf's to get the 6.5mm 120 Gr Gold Dots back in stock......
      I don't know what Speer's issue is with the Gold Dot rifle bullets but there are as scarce as hens teeth half the time. Frustrating.

Comment

• Lemonaid
        Warrior
        • Feb 2019

Midsouth shooters supply has the Speer 140 grain hot core for $17.37 per 100. I ordered a box to try for a low cost Grendel round that has a relatively high b.c. (.498), could be used for hunting or long range practice. Even if loaded slow it may be useful.
        I took a casual look for posts about it on the forum and didn't find much. If it won't work for the Grendel I'll use it in my 6.5x55 Mauser.

Comment

• Jimla
          Warrior
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Lemonaid View Post
          Midsouth shooters supply has the Speer 140 grain hot core for $17.37 per 100. I ordered a box to try for a low cost Grendel round that has a relatively high b.c. (.498), could be used for hunting or long range practice. Even if loaded slow it may be useful.
          I took a casual look for posts about it on the forum and didn't find much. If it won't work for the Grendel I'll use it in my 6.5x55 Mauser.
          I am big Speer fan. Last week I shot a 130gr 7mm Hot Core and it penetrated over 5 - 1 Gal Milk jugs at 2930 fps, about 50% retained weight.

For hunting the 140gr Hot Core may not expand well at Grendel speeds, it is a tough bullet designed for up to 3000fps impact, it would be ideal for 6.5 Creedmoor. You may want to limit you max range 2100fps impact speed to make sure it can expands with your Grendel and Mauser.

With a 24" Grendel the 140gr Hot Core should work well in typical 30-30 ranges about 150 Yards.
          With a 24" Swedish the 140gr Hot Core should work well out to 350 Yards.

For Grendel Hunting:
          90gr TNT Speer would be go for a short barrel grendel, many use it for hog hunting.
          120gr Speer Gold Dot would be great overall hunting round, it is a bonded bullet designed for Grendel Speeds.
          140gr Hot Core would be good for hunting larger game 300lbs+ a short range.

130 hot core.jpg

Comment

• Jeepster18_88
            Warrior
            • Feb 2019

I've been a big fan of Speer for years and I have never had a problem finding an accurate load in any gun. What really set them apart was their performance on game though. I was really hoping that they still offered a 120gr HotCor to use in the Grendel. It looks like it's been replaced by the GoldDot at a higher price. I don't see how the performance could possibly get any better.

Comment

• Lemonaid
              Warrior
              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Jeepster18_88 View Post
              I've been a big fan of Speer for years and I have never had a problem finding an accurate load in any gun. What really set them apart was their performance on game though. I was really hoping that they still offered a 120gr HotCor to use in the Grendel. It looks like it's been replaced by the GoldDot at a higher price. I don't see how the performance could possibly get any better.
              I would have liked to try the Speer 120 grain. When I checked on the Speer web site they no longer list the 120 hot core.

Comment

• Jimla
                Warrior
                • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Lemonaid View Post
                I would have liked to try the Speer 120 grain. When I checked on the Speer web site they no longer list the 120 hot core.
                I think they had a safety issue(inconsistant pressure problems with load data) with the 120gr hot core and that is why it was taken off the market. I think the Gold Dot fixed the problem, with a special coating.

Comment

Working...
                X