• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coachallen
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2019

New load workup details.

So the other day in my local store I picked up some Hornady 140g jacketed hollow points. for .09 cents a round.. then at academy, the other day i picked up 1lb of BL-C (2) for $20 [pretty sure it was missed marked] and i got 60 pices of brass ready to go..
    all this to ask.. does anyone have a good starting point for this bullet, powder combo? ive checked my reloader manual and have found start loads for 140g bullets.. ,and for BL-C in the Grendal (120g bullet) .. i have researched several loads from similar case size and caliber, and have concluded that somewhere in the 27grains range may be good.. any advice will be greatly appreciated..when I get back home I will write down the exact loads I found to compare and contrast..
    Thanks in advance!
    Coach
  • Javman
    Warrior
    • Jan 2016

There was a posting somewhere can't remember exactly where but they listed H322, 8208 H4895 for 140gr bullets.

Comment

• Lemonaid
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

Speer's Grendel 140 hot core data, but no BL-C(2).

Comment

• Rosecrans1
        Warrior
        • Feb 2019

That load data for the 140gr Speers are what I thought I would see. Your velocities will suffer. As was mentioned before in a different post when I brought up having some moly-coated 142gr SMK's, the Grendel is a small case for a bullet like a 140gr.
        Of the seven listed loads for the Speer above, 6 are compressed. Be careful!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by coachallen View Post
          So the other day in my local store I picked up some Hornady 140g jacketed hollow points. for .09 cents a round.. then at academy, the other day i picked up 1lb of BL-C (2) for $20 [pretty sure it was missed marked] and i got 60 pices of brass ready to go..
          all this to ask.. does anyone have a good starting point for this bullet, powder combo? ive checked my reloader manual and have found start loads for 140g bullets.. ,and for BL-C in the Grendal (120g bullet) .. i have researched several loads from similar case size and caliber, and have concluded that somewhere in the 27grains range may be good.. any advice will be greatly appreciated..when I get back home I will write down the exact loads I found to compare and contrast..
          Thanks in advance!
          Coach
          Seat them as for out as can and be loaded from mag and not touching the lands. Start at 25 grains and work up in .2 tenth grain jumps.

Stop when you see a velocity spike.

I wouldn't do this without a chonagraph to shoot each and ever round over so you can careful follow how the velocity/pressure is building.

If you have cfe223 or leverevolution powders on hand I would use one of them over the bl-c powder.

Again I strongly advice against working this up unless you have a chronagrah to use.

Comment

• rabiddawg
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Javman View Post
            There was a posting somewhere can't remember exactly where but they listed H322, 8208 H4895 for 140gr bullets.
            8208? Hmm.
            Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

Working...
            X