• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tarrack
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2018

100 grn nosler cc

started working with this bullet. Nosler data 2.245, loaded 30 still breaking in the mini howa. terrible groups more like patterns. Cfe 223 31.5 grns cci 450 3 times fired hornaday brass.
    I checked my mag length max seems i can seat them out to 3.303 and still work and still not hitting lands. I will load 10 and shoot them tomorrow, one can hope.

gary
  • caleb90
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2019

i had awsome results with these heads over 28.5gr of bench mark seated at 2.200 coal

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by tarrack View Post
      started working with this bullet. Nosler data 2.245, loaded 30 still breaking in the mini howa. terrible groups more like patterns. Cfe 223 31.5 grns cci 450 3 times fired hornaday brass.
      I checked my mag length max seems i can seat them out to 3.303 and still work and still not hitting lands. I will load 10 and shoot them tomorrow, one can hope.

gary
      I would try h335 with that 100 grain pill myself.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

yeah, H335, or maybe 8208XBR, those are my go-to for the 90-100 crowd.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Labrat198
          Warrior
          • Nov 2018

Actually was shooting these with h335 this morning. I still need to go through the data, but I wasn't able to get good grouping until I was about 27grains of powder. Things came together after that.

Comment

• tarrack
            Unwashed
            • Nov 2018

strange i just purchased 1 lb of that powder last week. Ill give it a try. Just a side note. The factory stock for the howa is a piece of junk. The swivel stud on mine is pulling out from just having the bipod attached.....

gary

Comment

• CaptnC
              Warrior
              • May 2018

The Benchmark seems to be a good choice, I'm shooting it in a 24" barrel gaser.

I wish I had saved the video, a guy shooting a bolt Grendel was over 30gr of Benchmark and was getting great groups and velocity.

I have had good luck with H335 in three different gas guns it was almost too easy to build up a load.

Comment

• rickt300
                Warrior
                • Jan 2017

I had poor results using a bipod on either of my HOWA minis. I got much better groups off of bags. I agree the factory stocks sugg.

Comment

Working...
                X